Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

Money must be spent, but it should go wisely, to avoid being bankrupt, while trying to impress. I don't normally spend around free to play games, because they're meant to be free to play games and not paid games. 

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I played fortnite on my ps4 for a while and had to pause because of my other schedule, I also have the mobile version which I started playing a few weeks ago.

Do you think you can keep to the pace of the game since you have the mobile and console version. Meaning you'll have splited time playing the game. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Do you think you can keep to the pace of the game since you have the mobile and console version. Meaning you'll have splited time playing the game. 

What do you mean? Its the same account regardless if you play on mobile or console

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

What do you mean? Its the same account regardless if you play on mobile or console

I mean, can the user contend with the stress of playing on both gaming devices, that's what I mean. I wouldn't be playing same game on multiple devices, it will be stress, I love being concentrated. So, one gaming device will do me for a particular video game. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

I never like that to be frank and I quit such games immediately they ask me to play for me to continue playing. 

They feel like it's within their right to take gamers for a fool and play mind games with us by doing so. It's not all of us that falls for that trick. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm not that it's something that's going to pull me into buying it and it's why I'm trying to avoid it by all means. 

As long as you don't have the V-Bucks to splash on it, it can tempt you all it want, you won't be getting it unless you want to spend real cash on it. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's the same account I am using on my mobile phone and console as well, I had to get it on my mobile since I don't always have time to play it on my Console because of my schedule, so I just play it on mobile when I am on break or have a few minutes to spare.

49 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

As long as you don't have the V-Bucks to splash on it, it can tempt you all it want, you won't be getting it unless you want to spend real cash on it. 

I have spent real money on games, both free to play and the paid one's. As long as what I'm spending on is wort the pay, I'm good with doing it. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you lure people in with a lie or should I say half truth, it always tends to backfire most of the time. It's why I'm not in support of such marketing strategies used by some game companies. It's not cool at all. 

Not just in gaming world, a lot of companies offer trial. Shopify, the biggest ecommerce platform, offers 14 days tried. Do you think shopify is using a bad marketing practice?

7 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Not just in gaming world, a lot of companies offer trial. Shopify, the biggest ecommerce platform, offers 14 days tried. Do you think shopify is using a bad marketing practice?

Given the fact I've never even heard of "Shopify" until now, I wouldn't say it's going that well.

Even Microsoft 356 offers 3 months trial. When a game allows you to play 1-2 level for free, I think it is a good for the company as well as players. At least they don't have to repent later by buying the wrong game.

1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

I have heard about Shopify but have never bothered using their services. I wouldn't categorize them like gaming companies with their free games trail before you have to pay for it. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

They feel like it's within their right to take gamers for a fool and play mind games with us by doing so. It's not all of us that falls for that trick. 

Well, I think that it's within their right to do what they want with how they make their games and it's gamers right to choose to give into it. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, I think that it's within their right to do what they want with how they make their games and it's gamers right to choose to give into it. 

It's our choices that always determine what they keep doing. So, indirectly, we are still part of our own problems.