Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

On 6/5/2022 at 8:07 PM, Heatman said:

I have heard about Shopify but have never bothered using their services. I wouldn't categorize them like gaming companies with their free games trail before you have to pay for it. 

Shopify is an ecommerce platform.

By the way what's the wrong when a game company offers free trail. At least you will save yourself from regretting for buying the wrong game.

Just now, Jasmin said:

Shopify is an ecommerce platform.

By the way what's the wrong when a game company offers free trail. At least you will save yourself from regretting for buying the wrong game.

There is nothing wrong that but they have to come out fully and let gamers know that it's a paid game before they start playing. At least, they would be aware of what they are getting into in my opinion. 

Throughout the years I've spent so much money on Pokémon Go. I don't even want to think how much me and my wife have spent. One instance I remember buying two £50 play store cards after work and spent it all on Go. I don't even play anymore as I didn't like all the new changes.

Learnt my lesson.

3 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

If you start playing the game, I think you would know everything about game including the micro transaction and paid option. If you don't like you can easily walk away

At times when you love something so much when you started it new, the excitement alone won't let you judge all those things till it gets too much, then you will wake up. 

In this thread we are talking about whether it is good to spend money on free games. What I am trying to say is if you like the game, if you enjoy the game, it can be a good decision to spend money on the game

1 minute ago, Jasmin said:

In this thread we are talking about whether it is good to spend money on free games. What I am trying to say is if you like the game, if you enjoy the game, it can be a good decision to spend money on the game

It's something that most gamers do all the time. I do it on multiple occasions with my playing of Fortnite which I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon. 

On 6/5/2022 at 12:14 PM, Heatman said:

I have spent real money on games, both free to play and the paid one's. As long as what I'm spending on is wort the pay, I'm good with doing it. 

That's the way to go about it. It's all about spending on what makes sense to you and add fun to your life. I do that as well with my free and paid games. 

5 hours ago, Terry94 said:

Throughout the years I've spent so much money on Pokémon Go. I don't even want to think how much me and my wife have spent. One instance I remember buying two £50 play store cards after work and spent it all on Go. I don't even play anymore as I didn't like all the new changes.

Learnt my lesson.

If we could get all the money we spent on video games unnecessarily when we were a lot younger, most of us would be very rich now. 

10 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

No matter how much I've spent buying video games/consoles I wouldn't still grow rich with it. Because, I would've used the money for other things in form of entertainment. 

For someone who usually spend at least $1000 games every year and he's probably playing for at least 20 years. It's $20,000 saved up if that money can be returned. 

What Head_Hunter said is true, their is no way you can be cheapskate for what you like. Those who take beer beverages have ones come accross such altercation before, which they were asked, had it been they started saving long ago, by now, they would've saved something bigger and use it for bigger projects too. But in life, it is hard to save pennies unless you aren't that type who love's entertainment. 

13 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If we could get all the money we spent on video games unnecessarily when we were a lot younger, most of us would be very rich now. 

You know that's not possible but I would play along and say that's something that's going to add a huge slush fund to my account as well. I have spent well enough on games since my childhood. 

23 hours ago, Jasmin said:

It's not just on free games but also on paid games too. Spending on them isn't bad if it's worth the money spent and as long as you're not overdoing it.