Register Now
kingpotato

Is it wise to spend money on free to play games?

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

You know that's not possible but I would play along and say that's something that's going to add a huge slush fund to my account as well. I have spent well enough on games since my childhood. 

Please add and still spending more as an adult now more than we did as kids. 

17 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Please add and still spending more as an adult now more than we did as kids.

It's just how it is now for most of us. We get more access to money now, so our spending habit seems to be on the increase as well. 

tenor.gif

On 6/5/2022 at 1:45 PM, Jasmin said:

Not just in gaming world, a lot of companies offer trial. Shopify, the biggest ecommerce platform, offers 14 days tried. Do you think shopify is using a bad marketing practice?

I'm quite surprised many here don't know about Shopify, I usually get some stuff through that online e-commerce platform. Judging from what you said I don't think they are actually doing anything wrong with their marketing strategy, e-commerce sites like Ali Express and Ali baba group are already ahead of Shopify so they are doing this to attract more people into their online e-commerce store.

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I got into playing Paladins recently which is a free good hero shooter game. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy into the game's microtransactions which it's very tempting. 

I have only managed to watch the game's trailer but haven't had the chance to give it time to play and it's all down to how I'm hooked with Fortnite and Apex Legends. 

On 6/6/2022 at 6:55 PM, Aniekwe said:

That's the way to go about it. It's all about spending on what makes sense to you and add fun to your life. I do that as well with my free and paid games. 

That's why I'm willing to spend on Fortnite whenever they release something that makes good sense to me. It's not everything they roll out in their microtransactions that I buy into. 

28 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's why I'm willing to spend on Fortnite whenever they release something that makes good sense to me. It's not everything they roll out in their microtransactions that I buy into. 

For years that I have been playing a lot of free video games, Fortnite have stood out well among the one's that I spend money on and wouldn't feel like I was cheated. 

43 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

For years that I have been playing a lot of free video games, Fortnite have stood out well among the one's that I spend money on and wouldn't feel like I was cheated. 

It's why I believe that Epic Games take out time to pick good brands and go into collaboration with them. It's why gamers take each one that comes out very seriously. I'm waiting for Lady Gaga skin to be added 😍

Edited by Heatman

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

I got into playing Paladins recently which is a free good hero shooter game. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy into the game's microtransactions which it's very tempting. 

How's the like? Does it have any kind of resemblance with Fortnite or League of Legends? 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

How's the like? Does it have any kind of resemblance with Fortnite or League of Legends? 

This is exactly what the game is like. I'm hoping it's something that you would be interested in. 

Personally, I think it isn't wise in any way, shape or form because that investment becomes useless the moment that game goes under. I knew people who'd spend 1000's of dollars on F2P games and then start complaining how they weren't getting their money's worth...

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Personally, I think it isn't wise in any way, shape or form because that investment becomes useless the moment that game goes under. I knew people who'd spend 1000's of dollars on F2P games and then start complaining how they weren't getting their money's worth...

They hold themselves to blame in that aspect, no one forced them to invest such kind of amount in an F2P game. The developers of those games made or developed those games for profit and not to give back to gamers after their investment in patronizing the game.