Register Now
DC

VGR Member of the Month - March 2022 Nominations

19 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

What do you mean by that? Is there any one left out? It's an individual's choice, you vote in anyone who feel like, deserved it. I think everyone worth it, but at the end is just one person gonna be a winner. 

If everyone was in the running it would a 10 way tie with one or two votes a piece, a spectacular mess.  It why we have the nomination stage.

10 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

If everyone was in the running it would a 10 way tie with one or two votes a piece, a spectacular mess.  It why we have the nomination stage.

I think the admins will work out the top 3 or 4 that have been nominated and put them out to be voted for. I doubt everyone that has been nominated will make the final cut.

10 minutes ago, Knight Barida said:

I think the admins will work out the top 3 or 4 that have been nominated and put them out to be voted for. I doubt everyone that has been nominated will make the final cut.

When someone is nominated on this thread their in the running.  When the period for nominations expires a new thread opens up with the poll.  Admin have enough to do without having to go through a month worth of posts of multiple members to decide who should be in running.

Just now, Crazycrab said:

When someone is nominated on this thread their in the running.  When the period for nominations expires a new thread opens up with the poll.  Admin have enough to do without having to go through a month worth of posts of multiple members to decide who should be in running.

It's @Knight Baridafirst time for the nomination and he's going to get a front row seat of how things are done. The nomination is the easy part. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

What do you mean by that? Is there any one left out? It's an individual's choice, you vote in anyone who feel like, deserved it. I think everyone worth it, but at the end is just one person gonna be a winner. 

I think that trying to nominate every active member for the sake of it will eventually leave someone out. Best to let it run its course naturally. 

13 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think that trying to nominate every active member for the sake of it will eventually leave someone out. Best to let it run its course naturally. 

Nomination doesn't win jack for you. It's the voting. Even though you may get your friends to register and vote for you but I'm not sure anyone ever did that. 

23 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Nomination doesn't win jack for you. It's the voting. Even though you may get your friends to register and vote for you but I'm not sure anyone ever did that. 

I’m just trying to prevent situations where someone may feel unwanted in the community for not being a part of the nomination process if forgotten about when the idea is to get all names on there. So this is the last I’ll say on that. Just had to speak my mind about it. And I do appreciate all for trying to include everyone. 

9 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

I see healthy competitions here. There is still a period for voting. So, what is the big deal with making nominations of worthy members?

I do think that the more users can get nominated, it's going to be a heated contest unlike if it's just for few members. 

In agree with @The Blackangel about the long out conversations being pointless but I'm not gonna nominate anybody since imo it should go to someone who's posts contribute towards the community in a positive way and posts that make sense and i haven't been here for too long so i feel like i've not got the right to do so.

Since we are on the subject of long drawn out conversations I know it's not not a populair oppinion but a lot of threads especially in the general gaming section go on for way too long to the point it doesen't really have anything to do with the topic in particulair. It makes it hard to read trough all "spam" posts and takes up way more time then it should be to fish out the quality posts.  If you wanna chat why not use the general chat section instead.

30 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

In agree with @The Blackangel about the long out conversations being pointless but I'm not gonna nominate anybody since imo it should go to someone who's posts contribute towards the community in a positive way and posts that make sense and i haven't been here for too long so i feel like i've not got the right to do so.

Since we are on the subject of long drawn out conversations I know it's not not a popular opinion but a lot of threads especially in the general gaming section go on for way too long to the point it doesn't really have anything to do with the topic in particular. It makes it hard to read trough all "spam" posts and takes up way more time then it should be to fish out the quality posts.  If you wanna chat why not use the general chat section instead.

I agree, general gaming is a mess.  I would never even consider starting a topic in it because it would just get buried under topics have gone off the rails and should've died weeks and months ago.

45 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Since we are on the subject of long drawn out conversations I know it's not not a populair oppinion but a lot of threads especially in the general gaming section go on for way too long to the point it doesen't really have anything to do with the topic in particulair. It makes it hard to read trough all "spam" posts and takes up way more time then it should be to fish out the quality posts.  If you wanna chat why not use the general chat section instead.

14 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I agree, general gaming is a mess.  I would never even consider starting a topic in it because it would just get buried under topics have gone off the rails and should've died weeks and months ago.

Trust me, the problem has not gone unnoticed. I won't name names, but there are some people who seem to post on certain sub-forums in mass, rapid sessions without really giving much care to the quality, relevance, overall purpose to what they post and whether or not they have made the same point on the same thread already. It is posting anything for the sake of something. Nobody can break the rules by "posting too much", but some individuals really need thier definition of being "active" redefined. The General Gaming sub-forum has suffered the most because of this. Unfortunatly, because they're not breaking any rules and any rule governing how much someone can post could be considered heavy handed, this is not an easy problem to solve. The only real way this problem can be solved is for those that do this (and they know who they are, as do the mod team) to start taking more care and putting more thought not only into what they post, but why they're posting it in the first place.

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

18 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I got your point, even though we are trying to make it more competitive than what other previous editions offered in the past. But still, it shouldn't be drawn out nominating a roaster of names in a pointless manner. But everyone still have their choice, I did mine and nominated who I craved for. I am waiting for the voting to get underway soon. I am not hoping to win, I just want to see how this gonna turn out to be, to see if the voting counts supercede the previous editions that aren't up to 20 votes overall. 

I don't even post in the General Gaming board anymore, with a rare exception. Threads get lost there so easy, and most of them go way off topic. Which is what this thread is doing. So lets all get back on topic. @DC locks the nomination threads anyway once he posts the voting thread.