Register Now
m76

What's the longest time you couldn't play a newly released game?

You might have heard about the 32 hours server downtime affecting the newly released Gran Turismo 7, during which nobody could play the game properly, due to its always online nature.

What was the longest you weren't able to play a new game that was the developer's fault?

It was constant downtime but GTA 5 Online was an absolute mess at launch because the servers just couldn't handle all the players. I stayed at home from school to play it and I couldn't play if for the majority of the day because the servers were down. It took them quite a bit of time before it became a bit more stable.

I am not that of online gamer, only few of them makes me go online gaming briefly. I don't encounter downtime due to the developers fault whenever I want the game. And again, I don't play immediately the game gets underway, I usually spend some weeks out before going into it. 

14 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

When I played GTA IV on PS3 it wasn't online, it was on offline mode, I didn't experience the issue, maybe I played it later after the issue must have been resolved. 

I didn't even know GTAIV had an online multiplayer. Well, you learn something new everyday. I guess Rockstar didn't push it as hard as they did with GTAV, none of those juicy microtransactions to use to exploit people with.

Back to the topic, I can't actually think of any game I bought new but couldn't play right away with the expectation of No Man's Sky. I'd like to think that's the case because such things are so rare, but honestly I think I just got really lucky.

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I didn't even know GTAIV had an online multiplayer. Well, you learn something new everyday. I guess Rockstar didn't push it as hard as they did with GTAV, none of those juicy microtransactions to use to exploit people with.

Back to the topic, I can't actually think of any game I bought new but couldn't play right away with the expectation of No Man's Sky. I'd like to think that's the case because such things are so rare, but honestly I think I just got really lucky.

For me is rare, when it comes to game you bought and encouter difficulty accessing it. All video games i bought worked for me the very first time I slotted each one of them. 

You're lucky too that you never encountered such kind of difficulty in the first place. I always have the urge to get started right away. It will really be disappointing to come a long way buying a new game and not able to get started asap.