Register Now
Jayson

The Deep South vs The Mid-South

The deep south I think isn't like the mid-south.  There is a lot more bigotry there, probably, among both races.  I remember, someone in my family noting that in Mississippi in the 80s or 90s maybe, blacks and whites didn't hang together.

Now as for Republicans in ALL of the south being bigots, I can't really say how bad it is, but I think toward the deep south it would be worse.  I just don't see a lot of hate around here, despite Confederate nostalgia.  Anyway, it's worth noting that the Appalachian regions of the south were divided on the Civil War.  West Virginia even became their own state due to Union loyalty.

Edited by Jayson

There was a stereotype of southern people being against interracial marriage in another thread.   However, not all the south is the same, I think.  My experience is that the deeper south has always been more divided racially.   Well, I live in the mid-south.

51 minutes ago, Jayson said:

There was a stereotype of southern people being against interracial marriage in another thread

There was no stereotype about southern people and interracial marriage. I pointed out a survey that was done in Mississippi as well as what was said by a GOP senator that is from Indiana. That is a stereotype to you? You were the one who took Mississippi and ran with it to make this topic. LOL 

1 hour ago, Jayson said:

There was a stereotype of southern people being against interracial marriage in another thread.   However, not all the south is the same, I think.  My experience is that the deeper south has always been more divided racially.   Well, I live in the mid-south.

2 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

There was no stereotype about southern people and interracial marriage. I pointed out a survey that was done in Mississippi as well as what was said by a GOP senator that is from Indiana. That is a stereotype to you? You were the one who took Mississippi and ran with it to make this topic. LOL 

This just adds to the mystery of why @Jayson created this thread in the first place. Couldn't this conversation have just continued on the other thread? What is the point of this?

On 3/24/2022 at 6:17 PM, Shagger said:

This just adds to the mystery of why @Jayson created this thread in the first place. Couldn't this conversation have just continued on the other thread? What is the point of this?

O.K., I will go to the other thread.