Register Now
Knight Plug

The web browser on the PS4 is really slow...

It was awful but it's the last thing I'm going to use on the PS4 so as Shagger mentions, it's not a deal-breaker for me. I have to say, whilst it wasn't great, it did make putting up some sports streams on the TV quite easy. That was until I got the Chromecast anyway.

They have to put more work on the web browser of any console. If they Included it and it is a total mess when a gamer is accessing it, then what's the need of bringing the additional features up? I think they should put more work on it to make everything look classy and worth every penny spent. 

I guess it's just something that they want to be on the platform since a few people might find it useful to quickly search something. I think it's also slightly necessary for consoles because there are sometimes sites that they want you to check out for help and information. It's better to allow users to access that directly from the console rather than telling them to visit it on another device. So not exactly a feature they expect a lot of users to use all the time but still a necessity.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:45 PM, Candy Stick said:

Even a £20 Android TV box is way better.

Seriously. Every page freezes like crazy. 

It's a bore. 😛

I have never used mine for the purpose of browsing because it doesn't fit the purpose. My laptop and smartphone takes care of the job effectively and efficiently.