Register Now
Knight Plug

YouTube ain't what it was...

I tried to record a video on YouTube using some screen recording tool, and whenever you play any video, it's as loud as hell because they removed the volume control feature. How stupid. But anyway...

You cannot get any traction on YouTube anymore. You basically have to follow other people to blend in, or be noticed. 

Forget about making yourself fast cash. You need 500 subs to be considered for that privilege, and a long while back, it was 1000 followers you needed to achieve this, which is impossible for those who are clueless about creating content to begin with. Also, a lot of the videos have a terrible resolution with a bad connection. 

Like i.e. YouTubers gotta kiss ass first. It's a pointless platform nowadays, aimed at the corporate shills. You are subjected to nothing but ads up the butt every 3 seconds as well. This platform used to be about you just being you, but I sense that it's about fakery now for the publicity to be gained. Now it's basically a business site for professionals. My videos don't even seem to be showing up in searches, because I reckon they buried me. But I told you that they perceive you speaking your mind as one being a hater. I told you that's the reality of it all. 

The Internet is dead! 

My videos show up pretty clearly. And ads aren't a problem if it's a small channel that isn't monetized. If you want though, you can always get YouTube premium. That's what I did. It removes ads from videos, among other things. And it's only $12 per month. Since I spend so much time on YouTube, it was more than worth it. I don't even watch TV anymore. I just watch YouTube.

I mean, chances are, your videos are at the bottom of the search results because there are other videos that have more views and are by bigger YouTubers. But the ad thing is very true, it's getting to a point where it's just extremely annoying and you actually end up hating the companies that advertise on YT.

If these companies would advertise at either the beginning or end of the video it wouldn't be a problem. Or just let the YouTuber do the advertisement. But interrupting in the middle of the fucking video and making you lose your train of thought following the video is just plain old and pure bullshit.

On 3/28/2022 at 3:27 PM, Darth said:

I mean, chances are, your videos are at the bottom of the search results because there are other videos that have more views and are by bigger YouTubers. But the ad thing is very true, it's getting to a point where it's just extremely annoying and you actually end up hating the companies that advertise on YT.

Agreed - it got to a point that I use Adguard on my mobile device. Multiple commercials consecutively during a 5 minute video is annoying it's not even funny. The worst part is it's the same crappy advertisements about Raid: Shadow Legends, Manscaped or some stupid dating coach who I couldn't give a shit about.

30 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed - it got to a point that I use Adguard on my mobile device. Multiple commercials consecutively during a 5 minute video is annoying it's not even funny. The worst part is it's the same crappy advertisements about Raid: Shadow Legends, Manscaped or some stupid dating coach who I couldn't give a shit about.

Yeah, it wouldn't be as bad if there were some unique and interesting ads from time to time when I'm forced to watch them. But it really is just the same ads over and over again which gets very tiring and annoying.

I know what you mean. I don't have a YouTube channel, but my niece and her friend tried to get one going and I just remember her telling me how impossible it was to get any exposure.

That's because it's just TOO BIG. And it's the same on almost all big platforms, even photo uploading sites.

The only way to get people to view anything you have, is to first go and view theirs, and let them know by leaving a like or comment. Otherwise, you just remain invisible, unless you get lucky with that one random click/ view. Unfortunately, that's Big Internet for ya. I've always preferred forums. 😉

On 8/29/2022 at 7:31 PM, melanie_marie27 said:

I know what you mean. I don't have a YouTube channel, but my niece and her friend tried to get one going and I just remember her telling me how impossible it was to get any exposure.

That's because it's just TOO BIG. And it's the same on almost all big platforms, even photo uploading sites.

The only way to get people to view anything you have, is to first go and view theirs, and let them know by leaving a like or comment. Otherwise, you just remain invisible, unless you get lucky with that one random click/ view. Unfortunately, that's Big Internet for ya. I've always preferred forums. 😉

I agree - you'll have to do some collabs with relatively well-known Youtubers to get any form of exposure.

Seriously, the rate at which ads are used on YouTube now is very annoying. In fact, it's not just on YouTube alone but just about all social media platforms. It's the same thing on Facebook too now. You can't watch one video without having at least 2 ads played in between. 

My channel isn't monetized with ads, already YouTube have filtered ads all over my videos, milking from my contents already and leaving me with nothing, 😂. That's bizarre, but their is nothing I can do, but continue to push for my channel growth. I have 565 subscribers at the moment via my soccer niche channel, my aim is to hit 20k before 2022 ends, then monetize the channel. 

6 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

My channel isn't monetized with ads, already YouTube have filtered ads all over my videos, milking from my contents already and leaving me with nothing, 😂. That's bizarre, but their is nothing I can do, but continue to push for my channel growth. I have 565 subscribers at the moment via my soccer niche channel, my aim is to hit 20k before 2022 ends, then monetize the channel. 

I can't fault you for having a very big dream for your channel. But I don't think that it's something realistic for you to get 20k subscribers by the end of 2022 when you're just at 565 subscribers at the moment. It's mathematically impossible for that to happen.