Register Now
kingpotato

New Witcher Game announced

CD Project Red announced that they are currently working on a new Witcher game, apparently its not Witcher 4 and Geralt is not going to be the main character. Im not sure who is going to be the protagonist but the picture shows a Lynx medallion, so it will not be somebody from the wolf school. I was really hoping to see Ciri as the main character but we will have to wait and see.

460cfa54bfe7d580178dc3350ba5aeeb3b33c7c3.0.jpg

4 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Thinking on it, I don’t recall them introducing female witchers. Is it part of the witcher process where only male survive? Hmmm that’s an interesting debate. I bet they do create the first female Witcher. Ciri would be the best. She’s intriguing and was fun playing her those few times in Witcher 3. 

Yeah only men survive the Witcher mutation process but I was assuming that Ciri was going to be the next protagonist since the third game left the window open for that (if you got the good ending)
But now that they confirm that its a Lynx medalion it might be a whole new protagonist

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah only men survive the Witcher mutation process but I was assuming that Ciri was going to be the next protagonist since the third game left the window open for that (if you got the good ending)
But now that they confirm that its a Lynx medalion it might be a whole new protagonist

I bet they do go with female and make her strong for breaking that male tradition, or surviving the ‘Witcher trials’ 😀. Geralt is such a popular character, I doubt they would replace him with another male. 

3 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I bet they do go with female and make her strong for breaking that male tradition, or surviving the ‘Witcher trials’ 😀. Geralt is such a popular character, I doubt they would replace him with another male. 

Yeah that could also be the reason why the choose the Lynx school since its mostly based on speed and agility

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

We'll wait to confirm first from CD Projekt Red, whose gonna be the main protagonist of the next edition of their Witcher series. 

Yeah it’s always best to wait and see. I think the series needs some sort of historical perspective since Witcher 1 and 2 were only on PC or Xbox and most people don’t understand the lore of the series. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

29 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah it’s always best to wait and see. I think the series needs some sort of historical perspective since Witcher 1 and 2 were only on PC or Xbox and most people don’t understand the lore of the series. 

I didn't hang much around the game, that's why I didn't grasp much about the game, I am behind with the lore of the game, I am ready to go again when it finally launch.

Most interesting bit here is Unreal Engine 5. Pretty telling that they aren't using REDengine 4 after sinking all that time and development into it for Cyberpunk. Upside here might be a shorter development process and better stability on release. Unreal is pretty widely used and well supported.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:30 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Their is no said date concerning it's release, most of the games we expected to come out after their announcement delayed, even up to now some are still adamant to get released. 

The last time they did that and delayed the game multiple times, they started to receive death threats. When CDPR released Cyberpunk its unfinished state - the game went down as one of the great flops of the past decade. I'm pretty sure they're trying to avoid a repeat of that.

It's absurd they got to receive dead threats, no one deserves that, they are humans too. I know how frustrating it is to play a below par game which you spent somewhat higher amount for. But at last, they tried their best to correct the bugs in the game and made the game running smoothly. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The last time they did that and delayed the game multiple times, they started to receive death threats. When CDPR released Cyberpunk its unfinished state - the game went down as one of the great flops of the past decade. I'm pretty sure they're trying to avoid a repeat of that.

They should stay away from making very low quality game, so they won't receive death threats, their is nothing people can't do when it comes to feeling too annoyed. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

They should stay away from making very low quality game, so they won't receive death threats, their is nothing people can't do when it comes to feeling too annoyed. 

Actually, they were receiving the death threats because of the multiple delays. They released it early even though they had known the game needed another 2 years of development to be fully functional on all platforms and due to that, it completely tanked.