Register Now
kingpotato

New Witcher Game announced

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, they were receiving the death threats because of the multiple delays. They released it early even though they had known the game needed another 2 years of development to be fully functional on all platforms and due to that, it completely tanked.

It completely tanked buddy, because the gamers were left frustrated waiting for the game to be relieved off its bugs, that slowed the gameplay. I was frustrated too when I got such saga, such made me not to go into the game. 

I haven't played the first Witcher title but after watching the TV show on Netflix, I definitely want to give it a try at some point. Hopefully they can offer some sort of next-generation update for the game so that the experience is better for users playing the first game for the first time.

On 4/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, Darth said:

I haven't played the first Witcher title but after watching the TV show on Netflix, I definitely want to give it a try at some point. Hopefully they can offer some sort of next-generation update for the game so that the experience is better for users playing the first game for the first time.

Unless they do a remaster, I don't think the first game is getting any further support. Also, it's not that difficult to get into either (at least not for me seeing as I've played tons of RPGs prior to The Witcher).

I'm not a massive fan of the series, but there's no denying that this is an exiting announcement. I just pray that this doesn't turn into another Cyberpunk 2077, and that's a good reason for people to reign in thier excitement a bit. I for one have no clue what to expect from this, but despite the recent past CDPR are a good developer and I'm looking forward to this.

The wichter 3 wild hunt is in my oppinion the best game released in the ps4/xbox one area, sure it had bugs at launch but since those are ironed out by now you are getting one hell of a gaming experience if you haven't played it yet. It has be far the best side missions in any open world game, Side characters that are memorable, minigames that aren't a chore to play, endings that are satisfying and dlc that were actually worth their price tag. 

I don't know why people keep slamming cyberpunk 2077 since i'm sure 90% of the haters never bothered playing the game, i have not played it yet and i'm sure it's going to be worth my time whenever i get around to it. See this is everithing that is wrong with modern gaming, gamers themselves were hyping up the game like it's the second gaming of christ, devs being forced by publishers to rush their games towards the market even while they know full well it's not finished. Cyberpunk should have been pushed back atleast a year and let's face it it should have been a ps5/xbox series x only game, well if it was my doing anyway. But anyway the damage is done, all they can do is fix it i guess, while not on the subject Hello games made from the mess that was no man's sky and turned it into one hell of an exploration game like no other out there. Let's hope cyberpunk follows the same route.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Unless they do a remaster, I don't think the first game is getting any further support. Also, it's not that difficult to get into either (at least not for me seeing as I've played tons of RPGs prior to The Witcher).

I'd be more for a complete remake, the first witcher game has aged badly and the controls are horrible by todays standard, even the game released they were clunky mess. 

Edited by Yaramaki

Just now, Yaramaki said:

I don't know why people keep slamming cyberpunk 2077 since i'm sure 90% of the haters never bothered playing the game, i have not played it yet and i'm sure it's going to be worth my time whenever i get around to it. See this is everithing that is wrong with modern gaming, gamers themselves were hyping up the game like it's the second gaming of christ, devs being forced by publishers to rush their games towards the market even while they know full well it's not finished. Cyberpunk should have been pushed back atleast a year and let's face it it should have been a ps5/xbox series x only game, well if it was my doing anyway. But anyway the damage is done, all they can do is fix it i guess, while not on the subject Hello games made from the mess no man's sky was one hell of an exploration game like no other out there. Let's hope cyberpunk follows the same route.

I'd be more for a complete remake, the first witcher game has aged badly and the controls are horrible by todays standard, even the game released they were clunky mess. 

I think you misunderstand the context most of us are speaking from. Due to the amount of hype CDPR did about this game, to have it not functioning on the PS4 and Xbox one and struggling on the PS5 and Xbox series consoles on top of the game-breaking bugs on release is why everyone keeps slamming it. The game is in a more playable state now but most of us who got on PC it at launch were utterly disappointed to say the least. There were bugs that could corrupt your save file and other gamebreaking bugs and glitches. The game itself in terms of the concept and potential isn't really bad. It's the promises that were broken by CDPR that leads to everyone's terrible outlook on Cyberpunk 2077.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, kingpotato said:

CD Project Red announced that they are currently working on a new Witcher game, apparently its not Witcher 4 and Geralt is not going to be the main character. Im not sure who is going to be the protagonist but the picture shows a Lynx medallion, so it will not be somebody from the wolf school. I was really hoping to see Ciri as the main character but we will have to wait and see.

460cfa54bfe7d580178dc3350ba5aeeb3b33c7c3.0.jpg

This is one way of them trying to kill the original Witcher that we are very good with. If it's not in line with the old Witcher game and Geralt is not in it, I'm definitely going to pass on it. 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This is one way of them trying to kill the original Witcher that we are very good with. If it's not in line with the old Witcher game and Geralt is not in it, I'm definitely going to pass on it. 

Well Geralt's story is pretty much over man, they already did a whole trilogy on Geralt. Did you played the witcher 3, did you finished the story ?

On 3/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, kingpotato said:

CD Project Red announced that they are currently working on a new Witcher game, apparently its not Witcher 4 and Geralt is not going to be the main character. Im not sure who is going to be the protagonist but the picture shows a Lynx medallion, so it will not be somebody from the wolf school. I was really hoping to see Ciri as the main character but we will have to wait and see.

460cfa54bfe7d580178dc3350ba5aeeb3b33c7c3.0.jpg

I almost jumped on that with an excitement that's it's a next edition of the Witcher, only for me to get a kick in my teeth. Let's wait and see what they make of the game. 

On 4/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, killamch89 said:

Actually, they were receiving the death threats because of the multiple delays. They released it early even though they had known the game needed another 2 years of development to be fully functional on all platforms and due to that, it completely tanked.

Death threats are never acceptable, I'm not defending that kind of behaviour.

With that being said CD Project did make one huge mistake that they have only themselves to blame for that resulted in all the chaos and pressure.  They announced the (Initial) release date a full year ahead.  In this day and age where games are more than complicated, expensive and difficult to produce than ever before that was a ridiculous decision.  Even if we didn't take into COVID pandemic (which did no doubt affect production and was beyond their control) it's incompressible to think you predict the progress of production 12 months ahead.  But of course you gotta get those pre-orders in and they completely took advantage of the good will they established with their earlier releases.

If only they had waited to announce the release date until they were confident it was almost ready.  They would have taken the time they needed, announced it a few months before release with my maybe one forgivable delay, two at most and that whole entire shitstorm would never have happened.

I'm sure I've said it before but I'll it again.  The issue is not delays, it's announcing to early.  Thankfully I think most devs/publishers have now realized that and are way more cautious when it comes to release date announcements.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 6/25/2022 at 7:33 PM, Crazycrab said:

Death threats are never acceptable, I'm not defending that kind of behaviour.

With that being said CD Project did make one huge mistake that they have only themselves to blame for that resulted in all the chaos and pressure.  They announced the (Initial) release date a full year ahead.  In this day and age where games are more than complicated, expensive and difficult to produce than ever before that was a ridiculous decision.  Even if we didn't take into COVID pandemic (which did no doubt affect production and was beyond their control) it's incompressible to think you predict the progress of production 12 months ahead.  But of course you gotta get those pre-orders in and they completely took advantage of the good will they established with their earlier releases.

If only they had waited to announce the release date until they were confident it was almost ready.  They would have taken the time they needed, announced it a few months before release with my maybe one forgivable delay, two at most and that whole entire shitstorm would never have happened.

I'm sure I've said it before but I'll it again.  The issue is not delays, it's announcing to early.  Thankfully I think most devs/publishers have now realized that and are way more cautious when it comes to release date announcements.

You're right about that - the game wasn't in a playable state then and when they announced it, CDPR rushed to finish it without addressing most of the bugs etc. and that is pretty much how we ended up with the hot mess that was Cyberpunk 2077.