Register Now
Patrik

Lot of products being released in a very short period of time, doesn't it bother you?

As a pc gamer, i always wanted to upgrade my pc to be able to play more games in my game libraries, but the issue is that, the time you decide to get a part, another one gets released, like for example, when i was planning to get a i3 10100f, i found out that the i3 12100f is waaaaay better when it comes to price/performance, and goes on.

isn't that annoying already?

Yes it does bother me. This is why I am slowly moving towards having one good product for lifecycle of 4 years, I make sure to add high RAM, SSD and good graphics card and work with those laptops. But the low end processor market is so trashable that i3 based machines are easily replacable in 12 months or so.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:43 AM, skyfire said:

Yes it does bother me. This is why I am slowly moving towards having one good product for lifecycle of 4 years, I make sure to add high RAM, SSD and good graphics card and work with those laptops. But the low end processor market is so trashable that i3 based machines are easily replacable in 12 months or so.

but you can't change the graphics card in a laptop (unless you're going for an external one) "as far as i know"

It is annoying bro, and for the fact, we can't keep up with spending all the time to have the best due to financial capability of some users here. Their is no doubt, if I have the cash, I will splash it in any video game of my choice, even if it's sequel is released afterwards of it's older version in short time interval. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

No, it doesn't bother me one bit. I mean, Intel and AMD always release new chips every year barring last year due to the pandemic so they were delayed until this year. You have to keep in mind a lot of products were delayed due to the pandemic and now that manufacturers are able to mass produce them, they're eager to release them. This is the industry finally catching up to the amount of demand.

On 3/29/2022 at 5:27 AM, Patrik said:

As a pc gamer, i always wanted to upgrade my pc to be able to play more games in my game libraries, but the issue is that, the time you decide to get a part, another one gets released, like for example, when i was planning to get a i3 10100f, i found out that the i3 12100f is waaaaay better when it comes to price/performance, and goes on.

isn't that annoying already?

It is very annoying. PCs are meant to be upgraded and changed out. It sucks to think that our current PCs will become obsolete and we'll have to eventually upgrade to something new, otherwise we won't be able to game for long. 

My current PC is still in good standing, but I think once Windows 10 dies out in 2025, I may need to build a new gaming PC by then. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It is very annoying. PCs are meant to be upgraded and changed out. It sucks to think that our current PCs will become obsolete and we'll have to eventually upgrade to something new, otherwise we won't be able to game for long. 

My current PC is still in good standing, but I think once Windows 10 dies out in 2025, I may need to build a new gaming PC by then. 

It's not going to die, Windows does tend to support their products way after the date they claim they're "ending support". I mean, if I'm not mistaken, they ended support for Windows 7 just about 2 years ago. Still, it's good to upgrade your machine once every 3-4 years just to keep it up to date.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's not going to die, Windows does tend to support their products way after the date they claim they're "ending support". I mean, if I'm not mistaken, they ended support for Windows 7 just about 2 years ago. Still, it's good to upgrade your machine once every 3-4 years just to keep it up to date.

Oh it'll probably still get some service packs here and there. But gradually it will start to lose support. If I had the money I'd love to be able to update every 3-4 years. I'm probably closing in on my third year owning this PC, so it's probably due for an upgrade. It still gets the job done for me, but I know some games are going to be too powerful for me to run. 

If I don't have funds to stick around with the lastest item, I'll simply go for lower version with quality too. I wouldn't be pushed to upgrade my gaming device or any electronic devices at all because their is an upgrade available. 

It's always going to keep on changing and at times you can not keep up with the latest goods. Most of the time your new hardware will last you for five to ten years anyway and be able to run games on high, I mean what do you really need and not need? As long as you are happy of what you got and save up for the next upgrade LOL  

On 3/29/2022 at 10:27 AM, Patrik said:

i was planning to get a i3 10100f, i found out that the i3 12100f is waaaaay better

Get the i9 then 😛 pay more, yet even WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY   BETTER 😛 but then it's cost isn't it. 

The landscape with tech changes so fast, that everything becomes dated by the time it releases. Each new PC you build, you'll end up seeing better products dropping weeks or months later. Phones for example are made to be upgraded almost yearly at this point. You don't need to, but with each new phone release, the tech becomes more advanced, and apps in turn become bigger and in turn hurt older phones in the process. 

It's the same with PC in a way, in that each year there's something new to get. Phones are just the bigger culprit of this because they make a new one each year with more advanced tech. I honestly don't know how phones keep getting better and better. The current phone I have works wonders for general use. But, eventually it will be useless when new apps/updates and stuff come out that won't work for that device any longer. So you'll then need to buy a new or budget phone to even be able to do the usual stuff. 

Reminds me of the time left 4 dead 1, and left for dead 2 came out within the span of a year of each other. Or was it 2 years? 🤔

But to be honest, modding was easier on L4D2 than 1, so there's that benefit.

Although I do understand what you mean when you purchased and then boom there's another one.