Register Now
skyfire

Ikai

After you get the cute and cuddly that gives you adventures dreams, then comes the Ikai to strip away that cute and cuddly and replaces it devilish nightmares that suck your soul into a black cloud leaving breathless gasping for oxygen. Yup. sounds like a good buy.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, Head_Hunter said:

The name sounds like those ancient Japanese name, I just hope it lives up to its billing with the good remarks that followed it up. 

It is - you can see by the design of the temple, the clothing they're wearing and even the whole game world is Japanese themed.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It is - you can see by the design of the temple, the clothing they're wearing and even the whole game world is Japanese themed.

Sure, it's Japanese themed, saw it from the name of the game and the appearance scene of the game. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Sure, it's Japanese themed, saw it from the name of the game and the appearance scene of the game. 

I was just pointing that out because gaming developers tend to stick with one predominant theme throughout an entire game. Ikai in Japanese means admonish, warn or prohibit so it's a very suitable name for a Japanese-themed horror game.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was just pointing that out because gaming developers tend to stick with one predominant theme throughout an entire game. Ikai in Japanese means admonish, warn or prohibit so it's a very suitable name for a Japanese-themed horror game.

Thanks for clarifying that to me. It is well suited on any Japanese gaming project, due to the power of the name, and it made sense too, as it is themed with the horror game. 

This reminds me of the Fatal Frame and other such obscure Japanese and Korean horror games. I was never a fan of them myself but I loved watching ThorHighHeels' and Wild Potato Industries' unearthing and takes on them. Glad to see the Switch getting another unusual title, even if I don't play the system myself.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

This reminds me of the Fatal Frame and other such obscure Japanese and Korean horror games. I was never a fan of them myself but I loved watching ThorHighHeels' and Wild Potato Industries' unearthing and takes on them. Glad to see the Switch getting another unusual title, even if I don't play the system myself.

I also do quite like it - I don't own a Switch as yet but is an interesting horror game that I wouldn't mind getting into as a huge fan of horror games.

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks for clarifying that to me. It is well suited on any Japanese gaming project, due to the power of the name, and it made sense too, as it is themed with the horror game. 

No problem mate.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:50 PM, Withywarlock said:

I miss their games. They made horror in the days of minimal graphics. now a days they could make literally scary content that can surpass past content.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, skyfire said:

It's about time that switch has got any decent horror game catalog. Slowly new games are coming out in there. Ikai looks pretty cool on that part.

This is not going to be the very first nor the last when it comes to new games that's coming to Switch. In fact, switch seems like the new boss in town where all games would like to feature. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

This is not going to be the very first nor the last when it comes to new games that's coming to Switch. In fact, switch seems like the new boss in town where all games would like to feature. 

Yeah switch is getting good amount of people in their system. That is what I have seen so far.