Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that are bleaker than they first appear

17 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Games that are bleaker than they first appear....

I don't think there exists a more extreme example of something that seems innocent but is truly diabolical than with Doki Doki Literature Club.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1586800322

https://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/

If you haven't played this before, I strongly recommend you go in as blind as possible.  It's not at all what it seems and your in for a VERY interesting experience. also, it's free (the PC version at least).

I can't really remember where I saw the game's advertisement, I think that it's in Nickelodeon channel. I didn't follow it well, I think that now is the time to look more into the game. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I can't really remember where I saw the game's advertisement, I think that it's in Nickelodeon channel.

Given what this game is I find that VERY unlikely.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I didn't follow it well, I think that now is the time to look more into the game. 

If you're curious the best thing to play it yourself.  There's almost nothing I can say that wouldn't be a major spoiler.  Like I said earlier the Steam version is completely free and it doesn't exactly require GTX 3090Ti GPU to run either.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:03 AM, Heatman said:

I seriously don't want to recall that at all and I'm happy that you didn't add the YouTube video of it here. It's why I had to stopped playing game. 

The horrors of the game Spec Ops: The Line is something else. I couldn't believe my eyes the very first time I played the game. 

On 4/30/2022 at 10:57 PM, Crazycrab said:

Given what this game is I find that VERY unlikely.

If you're curious the best thing to play it yourself.  There's almost nothing I can say that wouldn't be a major spoiler.  Like I said earlier the Steam version is completely free and it doesn't exactly require GTX 3090Ti GPU to run either.

Points taken my friend. I will look into playing the game myself to be able to have my final say on how it's like. 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:07 PM, Heatman said:

With everyone in the game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask being depressed, and at one point having to see Deku Butler weep beside the lifeless body of his son is soul crushing. 

That's the height of it for me in the game. It was almost the same thing with how I felt about what happened after the use of White Phosphorus in Spec Ops. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's the height of it for me in the game. It was almost the same thing with how I felt about what happened after the use of White Phosphorus in Spec Ops. 

I lost my sleep and peace of mind for at least 3 days the very first day I played and got to that part in both games. It was horrible. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Having to get close to the monsters in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly in order to have them identified by your body camera isn't an easy task. 

The game you talked about, I never heard about it. I'll take a look at the game. Does it mean the game brightness is quite blurry to spot those creatures? 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Having to get close to the monsters in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly in order to have them identified by your body camera isn't an easy task. 

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly is one intense survival horror game that's as creepy as they can be. I threw away my controller the first time I played it. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The game you talked about, I never heard about it. I'll take a look at the game. Does it mean the game brightness is quite blurry to spot those creatures? 

Here is the game's trailer. You can see even the camera 📸 being used in it. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

Here is the game's trailer. You can see even the camera 📸 being used in it. 

I watched through it, it resembles a movie, what you said about the camera being blurry is true, the camera aren't bright. The developers should take note of that, in order to improve it. 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:40 AM, Justin11 said:

I watched through it, it resembles a movie, what you said about the camera being blurry is true, the camera aren't bright. The developers should take note of that, in order to improve it. 

It's an old game for now as it stands. Maybe if there is going to be a remake of the game, then it's going to be all better.