Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did a video game character ever make you see yourself in a different way?

Did a video game character ever make you see yourself in a different way? After I played through Max’s quest in The Outer Worlds, I realized that he and I are kindred spirits. For some reason after watching him come to terms with his existential life experiences, I’ve felt better acknowledging how mine have shaped me.

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I play racing games, and I don't keep to their names, I play with random characters, I don't see such influencing my life in reality. 

Racing game characters aren't all that recognized like the way AAA game protagonists are much more recognized. 

1 hour ago, egghead said:

When I play a game, I perfectly understand that the characters, setting, and the game play everything are fictional.

Video game story is fictional, nothing real. Just that, most of them are made quality and so real, making gamers to feel as if they're practicing in real-life. 

Sometimes we are deeply moved into the game world, for instance we play in the virtual world but the experience can be real for instance, frustration of losing, pleasure of winning everything are real.

I've spoken about it on a number of forums so I apologise if I've already done so here (I've been away for a while too so I've some catching up to do), but Dragon Age: Origins' Zevran made me realise I'm bisexual. I'm going through all my reviews and I can't think of a game that had such a profound impact on me. The last time I felt anything similar was when I'd reviewed Yes, Your Grace, where I was overwhelmed by my love of the family the story is about.

13 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I've spoken about it on a number of forums so I apologise if I've already done so here (I've been away for a while too so I've some catching up to do), but Dragon Age: Origins' Zevran made me realise I'm bisexual. I'm going through all my reviews and I can't think of a game that had such a profound impact on me. The last time I felt anything similar was when I'd reviewed Yes, Your Grace, where I was overwhelmed by my love of the family the story is about.

I never knew you mentioned somewhere in the forum, that you're a bisexual. I was thinking you're a dude, no problem, you got the character's story that is appealing to you. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I never knew you mentioned somewhere in the forum, that you're a bisexual. I was thinking you're a dude, no problem, you got the character's story that is appealing to you. 

Bisexual is all about sexual orientation, it has nothing to do with the anatomy. You can be perfectly man or a woman and bisexual in sexual orientation.

On 4/3/2022 at 3:09 AM, egghead said:

Bisexual is all about sexual orientation, it has nothing to do with the anatomy. You can be perfectly man or a woman and bisexual in sexual orientation.

I understand, and also, bisexuals can be refered to having two gender organs, or have sexual affinity for both genders. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I understand, and also, bisexuals can be refered to having two gender organs, or have sexual affinity for both genders. 

Bisexuals do not have two gender organs. There is  different word for that.

12 minutes ago, egghead said:

Bisexuals do not have two gender organs. There is  different word for that.

Then which word best described that! When I was in the high school, that's what we always say, even read couple of times, it was just that way.