Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when you encounter a game-breaking bug with no simple workaround?

I believe that you only would have two options in this kind of situation which is either to wait for the game to patched up nicely or dump the game for another. I did that with Cyberpunk 2077, I never got back into playing it even after it's been fixed. 

I hate it when I'm playing video game and it constantly experiencing glitches that slows down my gameplay, hanging the game. I witnessed that many times with my FIFA 14 game on PS3, which made me to remove and smashed the disc on the wall. 

Those patches are paid for, as such it isn't worth it. I don't see reasons why we'll spend that much on a video game and still be spending to correct a bug that should be taking care of the  gaming company free and not the gamers spending more. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I never really seen a video game that isn't marred by bugs, but the bugs shouldn't be too much, like, slowing down the gameplay. I try to avoid such kind of game, because it will be a complete waste of money. 

There are quite a number of good games out there that's not marred by bugs according to your assessment. Horizon Forbidden West is a very good example. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

There are quite a number of good games out there that's not marred by bugs according to your assessment. Horizon Forbidden West is a very good example. 

I don't think their is any developer of video games, that can create a completely bug free games. In one way to the other, the presence of bugs will be there. 

Depends on the context. If I'm just playing the game leisurely and I come across a bug I attempt to look up fixes online. Failing that, I ask. If I'm playing it to review however, the note-taking ends there and the review begins. I can only review what the game is, not what it should be. I had to do this with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution because every faction's campaign died on their arse at the very last mission.

Community patches are also one of the reasons why I don't review games that require external help. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is one such example, where I frequently had to ask myself 'am I reviewing the game or the patch?' Ultimately I did a Let's Play instead, with the patch, because the game deserves to be seen in its best light. And you know that patch works when the dev's been at it for over 14 years now!