Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when you encounter a game-breaking bug with no simple workaround?

On 4/10/2022 at 8:34 PM, m76 said:

I quit playing the game until a solution presents itself.

i did that actually with the GTA Trilogy lol, a 1.04 patch actually came but it didn't cover all the bugs, so i'm waiting

Just now, Patrik said:

i did that actually with the GTA Trilogy lol, a 1.04 patch actually came but it didn't cover all the bugs, so i'm waiting

I tried a lot to keep with playing GTA trilogy and even Cyberpunk 2077 when it was released but in the end, I had to give up cos it was mission impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I tried a lot to keep with playing GTA trilogy and even Cyberpunk 2077 when it was released but in the end, I had to give up cos it was mission impossible. 

Cyberpunk 2077 compared to the trilogy is way better actually in terms of patches and it went in a long way, it's sort of impressive now and less buggy

19 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Cyberpunk 2077 compared to the trilogy is way better actually in terms of patches and it went in a long way, it's sort of impressive now and less buggy

Yeah, that's very correct. It took a long time for them to get it all sorted out now. I have been reading up updates on it for a while now but never really got the zeal to get back into it. 

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's hard for you to get a game that is deem clean sweep of bugs, it is right there with video games, you can't see anyone bug free, due to their system mechanics in building games not 100% precise. 

Very irritating tho to come a long way in a particular game I spent money for and learning that bugs overshadowed it. First of a I'll try my best to return a feedback to the studio describing my feelings about how buggy their video is. 

On 4/12/2022 at 11:53 PM, Justin11 said:

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's hard for you to get a game that is deem clean sweep of bugs, it is right there with video games, you can't see anyone bug free, due to their system mechanics in building games not 100% precise. 

A video game have bugs and glitches is a common normal thing but it's the level of the bugs and how it impair the game's playability is the biggest challenge. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

A video game have bugs and glitches is a common normal thing but it's the level of the bugs and how it impair the game's playability is the biggest challenge. 

Is a concern when the game turns out being unplayable, it's nightmare indeed. It will be counted as a waste of monetary resources when such is encountered around video games. 

Not sure if I have ever encountered a bug that has stopped me from completing playing a game. But I have encountered a few bugs that has stopped me from progressing in a certain part of the game where it requires me to start again to progress. Those are very annoying and if it keeps happening, I'll just quit and hope that it's a bug that will get resolved very soon by the developers.

51 minutes ago, Darth said:

Not sure if I have ever encountered a bug that has stopped me from completing playing a game. But I have encountered a few bugs that has stopped me from progressing in a certain part of the game where it requires me to start again to progress. Those are very annoying and if it keeps happening, I'll just quit and hope that it's a bug that will get resolved very soon by the developers.

I had similar experience with playing Skyrim. The game had a fair share of its own bugs/glitches but it never stopped me from quitting the game. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I never heard about information that Skyrim is marred by ground breaking bugs. If what you've said is right, then surely it's ridiculous, because bugs that doesn't allow game progress have ruined it all. 

There were so many early breaking bugs in Skyrim that the developers of Skyrim should learn from not to repeat again in their next game. For example, NPC creatures falling from the sky, getting stuck in surfaces, quests that can't be finished and so on.