Register Now
kingpotato

E3 2022 cancelled

On 4/19/2022 at 10:07 PM, kingpotato said:

Its already been unofficially confirmed that there will be RE8 DLC this year

Ever since that's been done, why or what on earth is preventing them making it official? I think it's taken longer than required already, don't you think so? 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Ever since that's been done, why or what on earth is preventing them making it official? I think it's taken longer than required already, don't you think so? 

It doesnt really matter though at the end of the day its just dlc and its probably going to be some game modes and probably a few story chapters like they did with RE7 so I dont think we are missing out on anything great and since E3 has been cancelled they will probably wait to show this on another event during the year

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It doesnt really matter though at the end of the day its just dlc and its probably going to be some game modes and probably a few story chapters like they did with RE7 so I dont think we are missing out on anything great and since E3 has been cancelled they will probably wait to show this on another event during the year

The likes of @Candy Stickis very much interested in the DLC and I'm very sure that there more with the same interest. Maybe next year, they will eventually have it all wrapped up. 

I wonder if Capcom will announce Outrage. It was rumoured a while ago to be a timed release for the Nintendo Switch, and have Rebecca Chambers as the main character.

Not heard anything more about it for months, as is the case for many titles that had been hinted at. It's just a boring time for any news. But maybe the Covid crisis has had an impact on things being delayed. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I tried to find more about Outrage' but I couldn't find any Capcom related game based on the name you introduced here. Maybe you're talking about something different about the keyword. Can you explain further. 

He's talking about Resident Evil Outrage  that supposed to be released on Nintendo Switch on May 2022. 

There seems to be multiple rumours suggesting that The Last of Us is getting a remake announced soon. It could even drop in late 2022 as well. So maybe we won't have to wait for much longer, with there being other shows lined up to replace E3. 

I could actually see a Sony State of Play event being ideal for confirming this big news. But I think it will likely be at the summer festival, as that's likely going to be way bigger than just an online Wednesday night type of quick thing.  

On 4/22/2022 at 12:27 AM, Justin11 said:

That's cool, thanks for coming in the conversation and answering swiftly. I was thinking that, 'Outage is a different game all together. 

No, not at all. It's only because you're probably not familiar with the RE games series, that's why you didn't pick that up immediately. 

Capcom should have just named it as Resident Evil: Revelations 3. It was supposed to be the third part of the side stories anyway. 

I would have definitely been keen on it, as there was a rumour about Natalia being in school, and Rebecca working there. Leon was also said to be involved. By the sound of the story, it seemed more RE like than even RE7 or 8. 

Now, I know he [Leon] is kind of becoming overused, but they did appear together in the most recent animated film. Not the Netflix animated series, but the last animated film from 2013. 

1 minute ago, Candy Stick said:

Capcom should have just named it as Resident Evil: Revelations 3. It was supposed to be the third part of the side stories anyway. 

I would have definitely been keen on it, as there was a rumour about Natalia being in school, and Rebecca working there. Leon was also said to be involved. By the sound of the story, it seemed more RE like than even RE7 or 8. 

Now, I know he [Leon] is kind of becoming overused, but they did appear together in the most recent animated film. Not the Netflix animated series, but the last animated film from 2013. 

What do you think they should do about Leon? Drop his character or something? What do you have in mind? 

Well, he is too OP. If they use the same heroic characters, the games won't be as scary. Leon has already been in most of the games and he is in every animated canonical addition as well.

With that said, I really want to know what became of Billy Coen. He was the convict in RE0 who meets up with Rebecca. He survived, Rebecca allowed him to go free in the forest near the estate, and he was never seen again. It's a mystery as to whether he got out of the woods or not, considering the area was being infested by zombies and infected animals.

2 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Well, he is too OP. If they use the same heroic characters, the games won't be as scary. Leon has already been in most of the games and he is in every animated canonical addition as well.

With that said, I really want to know what became of Billy Coen. He was the convict in RE0 who meets up with Rebecca. He survived, Rebecca allowed him to go free in the forest near the estate, and he was never seen again. It's a mystery as to whether he got out of the woods or not, considering the area was being infested by zombies and infected animals.

I also believe that reintroducing the character of Billy Coen back into the next game would something intriguing. It's going to add another new dimension to the story. 

The problem with Capcom is that they just want to make money. Lots of it, too.

In their eyes, I think some of their games like RE0 were good enough to be well received critically, but in terms of the big sales numbers, certain entries were very underwhelming. So once that occurs, Capcom usually makes up a new storyline as quickly as they can, and then kind of "bury" a lot of stuff they had built up. For example, RE0 and the remake have Rebecca Chambers behaving almost like different characters. Some say the experience left her like that. But meh. They really do portray her as brave in one and somewhat wimpy in the other. 

I just think it's sad how Jill Valentine has technically been gone since 2009. Remakes and spin offs that predate the events of RE5 don't really count as much as sequels would. But it's about time Capcom brought her back, as she's meant to be the main heroine of the entire franchise, along with Claire Redfield.