Register Now
kingpotato

E3 2022 cancelled

The only game from Capcom I was really excited to see, was anything for Monster Hunter 6. It's projected to hit next gen in 2023 as per the nVidia leak(and capcom leak prior). I was really hoping for a teaser trailer at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Panthyon said:

The only game from Capcom I was really excited to see, was anything for Monster Hunter 6. It's projected to hit next gen in 2023 as per the nVidia leak(and capcom leak prior). I was really hoping for a teaser trailer at the very least.

If a leak came from both nVidia and Capcom, it's not going to be very long till and a trailer would be out. Let's wait for it. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

If a leak came from both nVidia and Capcom, it's not going to be very long till and a trailer would be out. Let's wait for it. 

I been trying my best. I was hoping for a trailer at E3, but since it cancelled I'm a bit disheartened. This is the 20th Monster Hunter anniversary coming up in 2023, too. So I'm expecting something pretty big. 

Just now, Panthyon said:

I been trying my best. I was hoping for a trailer at E3, but since it cancelled I'm a bit disheartened. This is the 20th Monster Hunter anniversary coming up in 2023, too. So I'm expecting something pretty big.

The cancelation of E3 was a disappointment but I wasn't really surprised at it because I did saw that coming but don't fret too much about it. There will always be another one. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

The cancelation of E3 was a disappointment but I wasn't really surprised at it because I did saw that coming but don't fret too much about it. There will always be another one. 

Probably looking at the State of Play in October for a trailer, I would say.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, kingpotato said:

It doesnt really matter though at the end of the day its just dlc and its probably going to be some game modes and probably a few story chapters like they did with RE7 so I dont think we are missing out on anything great and since E3 has been cancelled they will probably wait to show this on another event during the year

At this point, what else can they really add to the RE story. Everything has been overused and we already know the in-depth backstory of most of the main characters both good and evil and that was through DLCs.

19 hours ago, Panthyon said:

Probably looking at the State of Play in October for a trailer, I would say.

Perhaps, that's going to come out around that time. I'm also looking forward to it as well. 

One thing I do find odd about the DLC for RE8, is that they did not plan it from the start, like they did with RE7's post release stuff. A YouTuber named Eldincy said it was strange how Capcom didn't think to do that from the beginning, because if a company can predict a game will be released and become popular, as RE always is, DLC should have been in the cards from the start.

Personally, I did enjoy RE8 a little bit. But it's not a RE game that I think will hold up well, like most of the other games have. I wasn't a big fan of RE7 either. It didn't really "feel" like a RE game at all, but at least it was enjoyable, and became a noted showcase for the VR headset. RE8 just felt too silly, and absolutely nothing like RE. Or at least not classic RE, which Capcom has mostly distanced themselves from these days, besides incorporating shades of it into these remakes.

I was hoping they'd kind of move on from the Winters family, but now Ethan's daughter Rose will likely become a major protagonist for RE9 or 10, or whatever. Ethan could even still be alive. They've kind of left that guy's possible survival open, going by the post credits scene where he was kind of revealed to be the guy walking near the car. But I'd honestly prefer to see some of the veterans back, like Jill, Rebecca and Barry, or maybe Billy Coen, since no-one knows where the hell he went after RE0. 

Edited by Candy Stick
Shite keyboard.

16 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

One thing I do find odd about the DLC for RE8, is that they did not plan it from the start, like they did with RE7's post release stuff. A YouTuber named Eldincy said it was strange how Capcom didn't think to do that from the beginning, because if a company can predict a game will be released and become popular, as RE always is, DLC should have been in the cards from the start.

Personally, I did enjoy RE8 a little bit. But it's not a RE game that I think will hold up well, like most of the other games have. I wasn't a big fan of RE7 either. It didn't really "feel" like a RE game at all, but at least it was enjoyable, and became a noted showcase for the VR headset. RE8 just felt too silly, and absolutely nothing like RE. Or at least not classic RE, which Capcom has mostly distanced themselves from these days, besides incorporating shades of it into these remakes.

I was hoping they'd kind of move on from the Winters family, but now Ethan's daughter Rose will likely become a major protagonist for RE9 or 10, or whatever. Ethan could even still be alive. They've kind of left that guy's possible survival open, going by the post credits scene where he was kind of revealed to be the guy walking near the car. But I'd honestly prefer to see some of the veterans back, like Jill, Rebecca and Barry, or maybe Billy Coen, since no-one knows where the hell he went after RE0. 

Billy Coen is probably a forgotten character as far as I'm concerned because if there was a plan to have him resurface, they would have done that long ago. 

That's exactly how I feel too.

Capcom has a habit of making up new storylines and adding in characters, that then they ignore. Although I guess in the case of some of them such as Sheva from RE5, she is African, but it's not like they couldn't still show her on video, updating her friends and fellow agents from her homeland. Because I seriously doubt these people retired from fighting the bioweapons. But it feels like a waste. 

Hopefully, this dry spell for gaming news will be redeemed at the summer games festival. It's been ages since Sony had a State of Play event as well, so there really hasn't been a great deal of things to talk about. These Wednesday night half an hour shows would be a great way to showcase a specific company's content, primarily. Like, Naughty Dog, or say, Square Enix. 

On 5/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, Candy Stick said:

That's exactly how I feel too.

Capcom has a habit of making up new storylines and adding in characters, that then they ignore. Although I guess in the case of some of them such as Sheva from RE5, she is African, but it's not like they couldn't still show her on video, updating her friends and fellow agents from her homeland. Because I seriously doubt these people retired from fighting the bioweapons. But it feels like a waste. 

Hopefully, this dry spell for gaming news will be redeemed at the summer games festival. It's been ages since Sony had a State of Play event as well, so there really hasn't been a great deal of things to talk about. These Wednesday night half an hour shows would be a great way to showcase a specific company's content, primarily. Like, Naughty Dog, or say, Square Enix. 

Capcom just had an event the other day and even though I didn't watch it, there's a few releases so that should ease your concerns - I think...