Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do games feature too much item collection?

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I am looking up to achievements playing Motor GP 21, it comes randomly which I used to unlock quality rides with better nitros. 

I haven't gotten to play the game Motor GP, although it's because of it's a motorcycle racing game. How does it compare to the new Monsters something racing game you just purchased? 

13 hours ago, Darth said:

GTA Online has this problem with the little collectables that are dotted around the map. I don't even know what half the collectables are but they've added so many that it's quite annoying. 

You can say the same thing about Tomb Raider as well. In fact, I think that most part of the game is centered on collectibles. 

There's an obscene amount of things to collect in RDR2. If you're trying to fill your compendium completely, you have hundreds, possibly thousands of things to obtain. Weapons, equipment, animals, plants, cigarette cards, gang encounters, fish, and other things. And some of those animals are only available at one point in the game. If you miss them, then you're fucked and will never have the opportunity again. I've never been able to find all of anything except all the horses. One time. I managed to get all the horses in my compendium. I got one complete set of cigarette cards. That's it. I've never finished anything else out. And everyone here knows how big a fan I am of this game.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

There's an obscene amount of things to collect in RDR2. If you're trying to fill your compendium completely, you have hundreds, possibly thousands of things to obtain. Weapons, equipment, animals, plants, cigarette cards, gang encounters, fish, and other things. And some of those animals are only available at one point in the game. If you miss them, then you're fucked and will never have the opportunity again. I've never been able to find all of anything except all the horses. One time. I managed to get all the horses in my compendium. I got one complete set of cigarette cards. That's it. I've never finished anything else out. And everyone here knows how big a fan I am of this game.

Yeah, at least with Grand Theft Auto Online, the collectables are just sort of figures in fixed areas. So you can sort of follow a user guide to get them if you have the time to spend on it. But RDR2 is just a joke with it. The amount of different animals you have to identify for one of the achievements is absurd

And some of the items are things no one would have ever thought of. For example who here knows where to find the following items:

• Gold Shield
  • Fluorite
  • Ammolite
  • Fertility Statue
  • Female Fertility Statue
  • Rare Shotgun
  • Rare Rolling Block Rifle
  • Pocket Mirror
  • Pipe

Who is looking for these items in RDR2? Who would even think to look for these kinds of items in a western game? Who knows where to obtain any of them? You can't buy any of them anywhere. They're not mentioned anywhere. No one says anything about them. And this list is only a sampling of all the WTF items in the game. If anyone can tell me how the west was won with a fertility statue, I'm all ears.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/28/2022 at 8:22 PM, Darth said:

GTA Online has this problem with the little collectables that are dotted around the map. I don't even know what half the collectables are but they've added so many that it's quite annoying. 

I have only managed to play GTA Online once and it didn't register well for me. As far as the collectibles in the game goes, I didn't get to experience it much. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

And some of the items are things no one would have ever thought of. For example who here knows where to find the following items:

• Gold Shield
  • Fluorite
  • Ammolite
  • Fertility Statue
  • Female Fertility Statue
  • Rare Shotgun
  • Rare Rolling Block Rifle
  • Pocket Mirror
  • Pipe

Who is looking for these items in RDR2? Who would even think to look for these kinds of items in a western game? Who knows where to obtain any of them? You can't buy any of them anywhere. They're not mentioned anywhere. No one says anything about them. And this list is only a sampling of all the WTF items in the game. If anyone can tell me how the west was won with a fertility statue, I'm all ears.

I believe that there are so many unanswered questions brewing in Red Dead Redemption 2 which I think must be addressed probably in the game's next release RDR3 and that's if they would ever make the game. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe that there are so many unanswered questions brewing in Red Dead Redemption 2 which I think must be addressed probably in the game's next release RDR3 and that's if they would ever make the game. 

Sadly, it's just speculations that we have on the making of Red Dead Redemption 3 as Rockstar is focused on GTA 6 more than any other game now. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Sadly, it's just speculations that we have on the making of Red Dead Redemption 3 as Rockstar is focused on GTA 6 more than any other game now. 

Yeah, that's very correct and probably maybe after the making and release of GTA 6, then they might pay attention to working on Red Dead Redemption 3. It's just like something is being worked on a New Witcher. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, Heatman said:

I haven't gotten to play the game Motor GP, although it's because of it's a motorcycle racing game. How does it compare to the new Monsters something racing game you just purchased? 

xD, the two looks similar, in fact when you take a look at their picture you wouldn't different them. But it's two different game created by milestone studio.  You can make inquires on your own about the motorcycle racing games you'll get more clue about them. 

Edited by Justin11

In a lot of F2P MMORPGs, you tend to collect a lot of unnecessary items just to complete quest and then you don't ever have any real purpose for them afterwards. Some are a downright grindfest - at least give us the option to be item collectors instead of forcing us to fill our inventories with useless stuff all the time.

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

xD, the two looks similar, in fact when you take a look at their picture you wouldn't different them. But it's two different game created by milestone studio.  You can make inquires on your own about the motorcycle racing games you'll get more clue about them. 

It's not even the picture that I'm asking about but the racing mechanics and designs between them both...? 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In a lot of F2P MMORPGs, you tend to collect a lot of unnecessary items just to complete quest and then you don't ever have any real purpose for them afterwards. Some are a downright grindfest - at least give us the option to be item collectors instead of forcing us to fill our inventories with useless stuff all the time.

If there is even an option to trade them for something useful in the subsequent stages of the game would have been something they should work with.