Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much attention do you pay to gaming conventions and events?

I follow-up news about convention and events around gaming. At Gamespot, their are much said about gaming news and events coming up. Elsewhere, like YouTube, I get notifications of gaming news, due to gaming channels I'm subscribed to. 

I used to follow them very closely, but not recently.  They went downhill, in the past few years, so they are not very interesting.
Especially with many publishers just doing their own online events where they show off their upcoming titles separately.

The game awards has just became like the oscars which I haven't been following since the 90s.

1 minute ago, Family sedan said:

I use VGR and YouTube to learn about games and gaming.  I feel like I'm served well by both.

Between both of them which one do you pay more attention to? 

I think I spend more time here than on YouTube, both are instrumental when it comes to getting quality information around gaming. 

None at all, to be honest. I just rely on social media and gaming sites like this to keep me updated on new releases and game updates. The only time I watch a game event is when there are rumours of a big reveal like a Rockstar Games title or like when Sony was about to unveil the PS5.

7 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

None whatsoever. Hype does nothing for me unless I'm at a physical event, and until the general hygiene and air conditioning improves at these kinds of things, I'm in no rush to go again.

That's how it should be, their is no need rushing, even if their is hype, go at the proper time. Their is no time that one wouldn't catch-up with this gaming conventions in the future. I love doing things at the convenient time, and not something making me to rush. 

5 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

None whatsoever. Hype does nothing for me unless I'm at a physical event, and until the general hygiene and air conditioning improves at these kinds of things, I'm in no rush to go again.

I've been to E3 once and it wasn't so bad but I agree with you about the ventilation and personal hygiene factor. It's amazing that you have to tell grown adults to shower before coming to a convention.