Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much attention do you pay to gaming conventions and events?

I hardly see such kind of events displayed on any cable television network, maybe the cable I'm using to view it is different from the one which can display the award ceremony. The best is to stream it online and catch-up with the actions displayed. 

On 3/31/2022 at 11:00 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you closely follow news about gaming conventions and events?

When gaming conventions and events is the best place to get gaming information, I tend not to joke with them. Most of the games that are to be released in 2023, I got to know about them through such channels or similar one's. If I can attend anyone of it, I would in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Maxi said:

When gaming conventions and events is the best place to get gaming information, I tend not to joke with them. Most of the games that are to be released in 2023, I got to know about them through such channels or similar one's. If I can attend anyone of it, I would in a heartbeat.

This is actually why I wasn't happy with the cancelation of the E3 2022 that was supposed to hold as a result of the ongoing health risk surrounding Covid-19. 

I'm able to attend board game cons with a regularity solely because I live close to them and I know enough people that I can usually split a room.

Your $600 flight ticket is my 3-5 hour drive (split amongst 4 people). That hotel room is split 4 ways for me. I think my net costs to attend Pax Unplugged was under $400-500.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

The safety first, that was the reason behind E3 cancellation, their is no way the spectators or participants in the event will be put at risk just because, the organization wants E3 to hold. 

Yes, I understand the reason behind the cancelation of E3 2022. No one wants to be put at risk over something that can be done another time.

But on the other hand, I keep asking what happens with the football leagues where thousands of people come together to watch their favorite teams play?

Aren't they exposed to the same health challenges of coronavirus?

4 minutes ago, Maxi said:

Yes, I understand the reason behind the cancelation of E3 2022. No one wants to be put at risk over something that can be done another time.

But on the other hand, I keep asking what happens with the football leagues where thousands of people come together to watch their favorite teams play?

xD, same question I wanted to ask too, but I decided to keep it low. During the time the E3 was , fans in the football world are already crowding the stadia, I don't see much reason why E3 should be cancelled due to fear of COVID-19 contraction. 

On 5/22/2022 at 5:01 PM, Maxi said:

For the football sector, I don't even understand how they run their things because I think they are were the first to open up for fans to start coming to watch football/league. They couldn't let all the money go or what against health risk? 

I follow up news about gaming conventions and event, It was on one of my quest to get a good site that I could be getting latest information about gaming that I found VGR.

Edited by Clasher

On 6/11/2022 at 5:54 AM, Jasmin said:

I try to be abreast with game news such as launch of new games, updates, etc. But I hardly take notice of conventions and events.

If it comes Game Awards, it's one event that hardly miss for anything. It's one of my favorite events that been held in the gaming industry. 

I do not want to bombard myself with news. I consume only what matters to me. I like learning about games I play or the games from big studios but not about conventions and events, not even tournaments.