Register Now
The Blackangel

What Zelda Games Would You Like To See Ported To Switch?

I know that you can subscribe to Nintendo online and play the Zelda games from earlier systems, but forget that for a moment. What Zelda games would you like to see ported as either a cart or DDL for the Switch? Personally nostalgia is a huge factor for me, but there are several I would like to see.

The Legend Of Zelda
Zelda II
Zelda A Link To The Past
Zelda OoT
Zelda Majoras Mask
Zelda Twilight Princess

Those top my list. The first 5 of them are games that I have just always loved. Twilight Princess is one that I would like to see because the controls for it on Wii were just completely fucked up. I hated the entire Wii setup. And at the height of the Wii's lifespan, finding one of the regular controllers was damn near impossible because no one wanted them, so in turn no one sold them. So if it can be ported wo something with a decent controller I would love to see that.

OOT is the first one on my list - It's probably my favorite Zelda game of the entire series. I wish they'd remaster that game since Nintendo likes pushing out remasters in recent times. Those N64 graphics are quite dated in my opinion.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

OOT is the first one on my list - It's probably my favorite Zelda game of the entire series. I wish they'd remaster that game since Nintendo likes pushing out remasters in recent times. Those N64 graphics are quite dated in my opinion.

They did remaster it for 3DS. The graphics were pretty slick.

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The only Zelda game Im waiting for a port on Switch is Wind Waker HD

It's their any prior announcement to when it's going to be released on switch? I hate waiting without a definite time for my waiting, looking thou it's an indefinite thing..

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They did remaster it for 3DS. The graphics were pretty slick.

I was talking like a Switch Remaster - I have a 3DS sitting in my drawer that I haven't even used - still in the box. Honestly, I keep forgetting I even had it. Maybe I'll buy the OoT remake for it.

4 minutes ago, Shagger said:

OoT and A Link to the Past get my vote, but some of the more recent game like from the GameCube/Wii era would be cool as I have really played those. Can anyone say what the good games are from that era?

Wind waker is on the top of my list, Twilight Princess was also good but I was never a fan of the wolf transformations I mean it was okay but nothing too impresive, I have mix feelings about Skyward sword but that was mostly because of the montion controls on the Wii, although this one was already ported on the Switch.

12 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I wasn't a fan of the DS series as a whole. It just never appealed to me. I always preferred some form of Game Boy.

I agree, phantom hourglass was okay I guess but what bothered me the most about the game was the graphics, (I know I know I shouldnt say that) but honestly the game looked like shit at some parts of the game, I know they wanted to make a full portable 3d game but honestly the DS was not up to the task

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Wind waker is on the top of my list

Oh god, I hate Wind Waker. Not due to the game play, but the graphics. It was so entirely cartooney that it just made me sick. I couldn't even bring myself to play it for more than 10 minutes it was so sickening. If they completely redo the entire game and completely redo the entire graphics scheme, I would definitely be willing to play it. But as it is now, there's no fucking way.

36 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Oh god, I hate Wind Waker. Not due to the game play, but the graphics. It was so entirely cartooney that it just made me sick. I couldn't even bring myself to play it for more than 10 minutes it was so sickening. If they completely redo the entire game and completely redo the entire graphics scheme, I would definitely be willing to play it. But as it is now, there's no fucking way.

There has always been a division  between zelda fans when it comes to Wind waker, as to what I understand fans of Zelda before Wind Waker was release hated it and Zelda fans after Wind Waker released liked it. Personally I loved the game, WindWaker came out when I was a kid and before that I had only played OOT, I didnt play the old Zelda games until I was much older. 

No zelda game should be remade, they have been milked dry enough already. I'd much rather like that nintendo put their efforts in a brand new game instead of rereleasing yet another one. Doesen't have to be zelda perse why not a brand new ip, clearly nintendo knows how to build a good open world.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:32 PM, kingpotato said:

The only Zelda game Im waiting for a port on Switch is Wind Waker HD

Green ranger use your special power and grab yourself a cheap wii u with a copy of wind waker, that version is most exellent, while you're at it grab yourself a copy of xenoblade chronicles x and btw all of the (early) portable zelda games are on the wii u eshop for one to enjoy.

Edited by Yaramaki