Register Now
kingpotato

Favorite Character in multiplayer Super Mario games

There is a ton of Multiplayer Mario games like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Sports etc and they all have a wide range of characters to choose from. I somehow always end up choosing Wario as my go to character for Mario Kart or Mario Party.

Do you have a favorite character in the Super Mario Franchise ?

(Unrelated video but still funny 😆)

I was always a fan of Luigi because my brother always hogged 1st player when we were kids.  After a while he kind of grew on me.  In a bunch of games he can jump higher/further than Mario and can run at a faster speed.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, Terry94 said:

Green is my favourite colour so Yoshi is my favourite. I also like using Mario, Waluigi and Donkey Kong.

Yoshi is a good shout as well and he's heavily underrated in the Smash series. I mean he can swallow you whole and poop you out in an egg. Who doesn't like to be treated like shit? lol

If we're talking about games like Smash Bros or Mario Party, I'd probably say Bowser, Donkey Kong, and maybe Yoshi. But I like to mix it up some to where I'm not playing the same character over and over. I find it boring to play the same character for too long. 

There's so many characters in Mario franchises though, that it's sometimes hard to pick just one ya know? 

Normally when playing a Mario Kart game, I'll normally play as one of the lighter characters like Toad for instance.  I want whoever is the lightest and seems to be the fastest.  The bigger characters like Donkey Kong or Bowser are good for knocking other people out of your way but they seem slower to me.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, JennyorAlice said:

Normally when playing a Mario Kart game, I'll normally play as one of the lighter characters like Toad for instance.  I want whoever is the lightest and seems to be the fastest.  The bigger characters like Donkey Kong or Bowser are good for knocking other people out of your way but they seem slower to me.

Bigger characters are the best for courses like the Rainbow road track, I always end up falling if I dont use a bigger character or a heavy kart

Edited by kingpotato

I've always chosen Donkey Kong, even before DK started appearing in Mario spin-off games, I always picked Donkey Kong (well, DK Jr. in SMK). In fact, when it was first revealed that Rare's DKC style DK was going to appear in Mario Kart 64 I lost my mind!! I never expected the Mario universe and the DKC universe to collide like that back

I absolutely love Mario, remember growing up playing on the Super Nintendo and one of the games that always rings out to me when I remember back to playing is Yoshi's Island. I loved that game and spent so many hours on it, Yoshi was absolutely adorable in that game. When it comes to multiplayer games my absolute favorite would probably have to be Yoshi who I choose every time. Failing that Peach will always be my second go to as one of my favorites to use in an online multiplayer Mario game.