Register Now
kingpotato

Max Payne 1 and 2 Remake announced for PC, PS5 And Xbox S/X

Remedy just announced that they are working on a full scale remake (not remaster) it will be made with the Northlight game engine the same that was use for Control and Quantum Break. The sad part is that we dont know if it will be for PS4 or xbox one yet but most likely we will not see this game in a while.

Im a big fan of Max Payne, I loved the second game, felt like a novel.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/remedy-is-remaking-max-payne-1-and-2-for-pc-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-s/1100-6502260/

i was actually planning to hit those 2 games again till i saw this, guess i'm gonna wait for the remake too haha 😛

good thing about this (besides it being a remake) is that atleast a decent studio is going to take care of it 

If it was still in Remedy’s hands, we would probably see it, and a pretty damn good remake too. Since Rockstar is involved though, the corporate greed would probably ruin it, just like the GTA Trilogy.

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It will be frustrating for PS4 users not to taste max payne 1 & 2 remake. It's one of the few games that wouldn't be running on a PS4, which is quite distorting. PS4 will soon lose it's value to the newer consoles. 

It's annoying but I think now is a fair time to start moving on to the new generation consoles. It's important to remember that the same thing happened to both the 360 and PS3 with other games. Eventually, games are not going to be released for them.

1 hour ago, Darth said:

It's annoying but I think now is a fair time to start moving on to the new generation consoles. It's important to remember that the same thing happened to both the 360 and PS3 with other games. Eventually, games are not going to be released for them.

Yeah, games have shifted away from PS3 and Xbox 360 completely. With small time too, PS4 will go same order as PS3 and Xbox 360. I got PS4 newly given to me by a friend, it's sad that games are begining to drift away from PS4 as I came into using it. 

20 hours ago, Empire said:

the corporate greed would probably ruin it, just like the GTA Trilogy.

it's the studio that took the job who ruined it, it was previously know as war drums studio and it took care of the mobile port of the game and it was really bad, then they changed name to grove street games and took the job of releasing the GTA Trilogy and they ruined it too, but that's not the case with this remake for many reasons, first of them is that this is a remake and second one is that it's another popular decent studio who's going to do it 😄

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The nostalgia! Max Payne was the first game I remembered that used bullet time as a feature. That being said, Rockstar being involved in this remake makes me a bit uneasy because the GTA Trilogy is still fresh in my mind.

Rockstar was involved in max payne 3 and that came out good. Just because rockstar is involved that doesnt mean the game will suck.

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

it's the studio that took the job who ruined it, it was previously know as war drums studio and it took care of the mobile port of the game and it was really bad, then they changed name to grove street games and took the job of releasing the GTA Trilogy and they ruined it too, but that's not the case with this remake for many reasons, first of them is that this is a remake and second one is that it's another popular decent studio who's going to do it 😄

I agree, Control was awesome ,remedy did a great job and  Im honestly not worrying about it.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, kingpotato said:

Rockstar was involved in max payne 3 and that came out good. Just because rockstar is involved that doesnt mean the game will suck.

But Rockstar has been making some pretty terrible decisions lately such as having a subscription for GTA online after paying for the game on PS5 and XBOX Series consoles. At this point, I don't hold out much hope for Rockstar.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

But Rockstar has been making some pretty terrible decisions lately such as having a subscription for GTA online after paying for the game on PS5 and XBOX Series consoles. 

How is that a terrible decision a company needs to make money somehow, if you can sell the same game 2-3 times to the same people why not.

2 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

How is that a terrible decision a company needs to make money somehow, if you can sell the same game 2-3 times to the same people why not.

It's one thing for it to be there at launch but it's a totally different thing when you introduce this into the game 10 years after and it's not just the decision. The knock on effect if it works is that other companies will try this. It's also terrible because after paying for the game fully, you still have to pay a subscription fee. It's one thing if the game was free to play but the subscription model was added to help generate some cash. The other issue is that Rockstar already makes billions of dollars a year from GTA online alone.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:10 AM, killamch89 said:

But Rockstar has been making some pretty terrible decisions lately such as having a subscription for GTA online after paying for the game on PS5 and XBOX Series consoles. At this point, I don't hold out much hope for Rockstar.

But what does GTA online has to do with Remedy ? People are buying GTA even after more than 10 years and people are still spending money on GTA online even till this day,Same goes for Skyrim, Rockstar will do what any logical people will do , milk it until is dry giggity😆

lol-hey.gif.1f126dda0a57d2058d2586f54d32df71.gif

Anyway also the GTA trilogy was remastered by Grove Street Games or previusly known as War Drum Studios, a developer that had only made mobile games up until this point, sure it was Rockstart's descision to appoint the remaster of the game to them but at again that has nothing to do with Remedy. All Game publishers are greedy, EA, Rockstart, Activision etc and that will never stop, but we cant blame that on the developers, good games can come out of greedy publishers. I think the remake of Max Payne will be just fine, maybe not groundbreaking but good quality at least

On 4/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, killamch89 said:

It's one thing for it to be there at launch but it's a totally different thing when you introduce this into the game 10 years after and it's not just the decision. The knock on effect if it works is that other companies will try this. It's also terrible because after paying for the game fully, you still have to pay a subscription fee. It's one thing if the game was free to play but the subscription model was added to help generate some cash. The other issue is that Rockstar already makes billions of dollars a year from GTA online alone.

Yeah i'm not gonna go into that subscription model that is bullshit, to be honest people should start thinking with their head instead of their wallet. I could care less about Gta online since i don't play online and have no desire to do so now or anytime soon. While i agree this is bad for gaming alltogether you just know a lot people will get that gta+ subscription.From what i've read upon it it's only for "current gen" consoles and not ps4/xbox one so why the hell anybody would upgrade to a paid subscription on current gen consoles is beyond me. I've done some more digging and apperently you can still play for "free" for the time being, alltough you'll mostlikely be at disadvantage. But i agree with you but you know how some people are so there is a fat chance that subscription will be cash cow for rockstar. 

Maybe i'm also part of the problem because i woulden't mind spending another 30 bucks on a physical copy off the current gen version that was released a few days ago and play trough the story mode one more time because it's that good.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, Yaramaki said:

Yeah i'm not gonna go into that subscription model that is bullshit, to be honest people should start thinking with their head instead of their wallet. I could care less about Gta online since i don't play online and have no desire to do so now or anytime soon. While i agree this is bad for gaming alltogether you just know a lot people will get that gta+ subscription.From what i've read upon it it's only for "current gen" consoles and not ps4/xbox one so why the hell anybody would upgrade to a paid subscription on current gen consoles is beyond me. I've done some more digging and apperently you can still play for "free" for the time being, alltough you'll mostlikely be at disadvantage. But i agree with you but you know how some people are so there is a fat chance that subscription will be cash cow for rockstar. 

Maybe i'm also part of the problem because i woulden't mind spending another 30 bucks on a physical copy off the current gen version that was released a few days ago and play trough the story mode one more time because it's that good.

Fair enough - they could do a great job with this but having seeing how they handled the GTA trilogy edition, there's a valid reason to be skeptical about this launch as well. I love Rockstar's games but in recent times, they've really fallen off in terms of quality.