Register Now
Head_Hunter

Who is your favourite sports player in history?

I know everyone has choice when it comes to having their own favourite choice of 'star in any sport category, and one good attribute that made them choose the player over another. 

For me, it is no other person than Lionel Messi, currently playing for PSG. I love him more in barcá colours, his days will be highly remembered in Camp Nou faithful due to his amazing performances on the big occasions.  

I love his dribbling skill, and shooting accuracy with his left foot mostly.

Share your opinion, thank you! 

Pavel Datsyuk by far for me. The things he could do on the ice were mind blowing. There's a reason he was called "The Magician" because his moves had to have been aided by magic. I've seen him skate by the net, into 2 defensive players, jump from the ice, and shoot the puck behind himself and score. No other hockey player can do that kind of thing. I'm just glad he spent his career playing for my team. Unfortunately he retired a few years ago and went back home to Russia. He plays professionally there now. I just wish we could get him back here.

18 hours ago, egghead said:

I did not get to watch Maradona play live, but I have watched recorded matches and he is my best sports player of all time.

Maradona is a genius, world mourned over his death, he'll be remembered till time immemorial. The 1986 world cup he won for his country 'Argentina, lives in their memory till date. 

For a football player that is still active think i'll go for Kevin De Bryne who seems like a genuine humble person, despite being the best midfielder in the world, you don't hear people talking about him quite often compared to messi and ronaldo. While we're at it he is probably the best Belgian player in the history of the game.

My other answer would've been ayrton senna.

Jamie Dwyer. Field hockey legend. The guy is 43 and still part of the international Australian team. If you've never seen Field Hockey played then have a watch of this. He is certifiably amazing, speed both with the stick and foot speed and is able to create magic from pretty much anywhere on the field.

On 5/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, Yaramaki said:

For a football player that is still active think i'll go for Kevin De Bryne who seems like a genuine humble person, despite being the best midfielder in the world, you don't hear people talking about him quite often compared to messi and ronaldo. While we're at it he is probably the best Belgian player in the history of the game.

My other answer would've been ayrton senna.

I know you're a Belgian, I've seen you mention that around this forum. I wouldn't question your selection, that's your choice, and no doubt, KDB is the best in Belgian football history. I wanted to pick hazard in this current croup of Belgian players but his recent dip in form made me choose KDB who is always in form for premier league giant 'MCI ahead of him. 

On 5/3/2022 at 2:23 AM, Yaramaki said:

Messi and Ronaldo are legends in the game for what they've accomplished throughout their careers consistently carrying their teams to multiple Champions League trophy wins among other things. KDB is one of the best in the game but Prime Ronaldo and Messi were still a level above KDB.

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

Prime Ronaldo and Messi are still better off than KDB no sentiment, because they still win best competitions for their respective team, but KDB lacks UCL title in it's trophy haul. 

That's pretty much the point I was making - as a matter of fact, Both have also won International trophies with their national teams as well whereas KDB hasn't.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's pretty much the point I was making - as a matter of fact, Both have also won International trophies with their national teams as well whereas KDB hasn't.

You're correct mate, you've shown yourself as a great football fan, I must admire that. KDB have a very long way to climb before getting close to those two at their prime not talk more of their peak years. Ronaldo won more of the UCL during his thirties. I know Leo Messi haven't won UCL at his thirties, but the Copa America, presents a very huge trophy to him even more than one out of four UCL titles he won for Barca, because, he lacks trophy in Argentina colours back then. KDB should win something with Belgian national team to be considered good around the best.