Register Now
Head_Hunter

Who is your favourite sports player in history?

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Tremendous indeed, it was a shame that CAF neglected him by not awarding at least one African player of the year award to him. Even if he doesn't deserve other years of his glittered career, he is deserving of the 1994 CAF player of the year award, but he was omitted. 

I don't know who go that award that year but I am very sure from all I have read that okocha was well deserving of that award.

He was a talented and skillful player and I still enjoying watching his highlights and past performance.

7 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I don't know who go that award that year but I am very sure from all I have read that okocha was well deserving of that award.

He was a talented and skillful player and I still enjoying watching his highlights and past performance.

Nigerian sensation 'Emmanuel Amunike won the 1994 edition of the CAF best player of the year award, and 'George Weah ended as runner's up, Okocha was nowhere near. It wasn't the fault of CAF back then, the was surrounded with great talents who couldn't give him the chance to scoop the individual award here in Africa. 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Nigerian sensation 'Emmanuel Amunike won the 1994 edition of the CAF best player of the year award, and 'George Weah ended as runner's up, Okocha was nowhere near. It wasn't the fault of CAF back then, the was surrounded with great talents who couldn't give him the chance to scoop the individual award here in Africa. 

Emmanuel Amuneke was a really good player and he also played for Barcelona at some point from 1996 - 2000 and is currently a Nigerian professional football manger.

His profile is good and he played along side many great Nigerian players like kanu nwankwo and Celestine babayaro.

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

Emmanuel Amuneke was a really good player and he also played for Barcelona at some point from 1996 - 2000 and is currently a Nigerian professional football manger.

His profile is good and he played along side many great Nigerian players like kanu nwankwo and Celestine babayaro.

Emmanuel Amuneke played a single season at Barcelona, and be underwhelmed and Barcelona shipped him away. But that doesn't mean he didn't make a great career, he is one of the best players African have produced with the likes of nwankwo kanu, Jay Jay okocha, Didier drogba, Y toure, George weah etc. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Emmanuel Amuneke played a single season at Barcelona, and be underwhelmed and Barcelona shipped him away. But that doesn't mean he didn't make a great career, he is one of the best players African have produced with the likes of nwankwo kanu, Jay Jay okocha, Didier drogba, Y toure, George weah etc. 

Didier drogba was a good player but wasn't considered a world best material.

Y toure did good as a midfielder for Barcelona and Manchester city but not still considered as a world best material.

Mo Salah was nominated in 2021 but didn't come out top three.

George weah is the only African player to ever win the ballon d'or 🤯

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

Y toure did good as a midfielder for Barcelona and Manchester city but not still considered as a world best material.

Yes, George wear did it in 1995 playing for AC Milan, and since then no one has achieved such landmark from Africa. Let's just hope a taken will emerge and make us proud one day. Or either sadio mane, mo salah doing it for us. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Yes, George wear did it in 1995 playing for AC Milan, and since then no one has achieved such landmark from Africa. Let's just hope a taken will emerge and make us proud one day. Or either sadio mane, mo salah doing it for us. 

I could see sadio mane getting it though, mo salah has been nominated ones but didn't win.

Sadio mane has a really promising career ahead and I have high hopes for him, remember he also helped Senegal defeat Egypt to qualify for the world cup.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:38 AM, Clasher said:

That Mo Salah one is a travesty if I'm being honest especially the year Liverpool won the Champions League in 2019 and then the Premier League in 2020. Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure are considered world-class players but not in the caliber of Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandoski, Luis Suarez or even Kevin De Bruyne. Remember that there are different tiers of World Class Players.

22 hours ago, Clasher said:

I could see sadio mane getting it though, mo salah has been nominated ones but didn't win.

Sadio mane has a really promising career ahead and I have high hopes for him, remember he also helped Senegal defeat Egypt to qualify for the world cup.

Sadio Mane won this year's edition of CAF player of the year award, which is for the second consecutive running. If Sadio Mane can go on to land three more, he'll break the record of most CAF best player of the year award, breaking Y. Toure and S. Eto'o's record of four apiece. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

Sadio Mane won this year's edition of CAF player of the year award, which is for the second consecutive running. If Sadio Mane can go on to land three more, he'll break the record of most CAF best player of the year award, breaking Y. Toure and S. Eto'o's record of four apiece. 

I saw that in the news too, I am excited for him and I like his hard work and how much he devotes himself to the game.

And that's the more reason I feel he could win the ballon d'or someday.

45 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I saw that in the news too, I am excited for him and I like his hard work and how much he devotes himself to the game.

And that's the more reason I feel he could win the ballon d'or someday.

Let's see if Sadio Mane can make Africans proud and landing the balloon d'or trophy some day in his career. He's 30 years old, still on his prime, he'll do lots of amazing things at Bayern Munich this season. 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:38 PM, Justin11 said:

Let's see if Sadio Mane can make Africans proud and landing the balloon d'or trophy some day in his career. He's 30 years old, still on his prime, he'll do lots of amazing things at Bayern Munich this season. 

He'll probably do extremely well at Bayern and with him upfront and Gnarbry and Sane on either wing, they'll have a lot of pace in attack and with De Ligt in defense, he'll play some brilliant line-breaking passes from defense.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, killamch89 said:

He'll probably do extremely well at Bayern and with him upfront and Gnarbry and Sane on either wing, they'll have a lot of pace in attack and with De Ligt in defense, he'll play some brilliant line-breaking passes from defense.

Already he has started greatly ever since he swapped Liverpool for Bayern Munich, he scored one in their bundesliga opener which they won 6-1 against their German opponent. I am tipping Sadio Mane to score over 20 goals in the bundesliga this campaign. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:52 PM, Justin11 said:

Already he has started greatly ever since he swapped Liverpool for Bayern Munich, he scored one in their bundesliga opener which they won 6-1 against their German opponent. I am tipping Sadio Mane to score over 20 goals in the bundesliga this campaign. 

I could visualize him achieving that and besides everyone noticed there was a big vacuum sadio mane left in Liverpool in their season game against Fulham.

And the player is already making his Mark in Bayern Munich as well, the future is certainly bright for the African player.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

I could visualize him achieving that and besides everyone noticed there was a big vacuum sadio mane left in Liverpool in their season game against Fulham.

And the player is already making his Mark in Bayern Munich as well, the future is certainly bright for the African player.

Yes, he's a philanthropist, I believe such attribute is helping shape his game to greatness. When I noticed his performances during preseason, I know something great is about taking place in the career of sadio mane.