Register Now
kingpotato

Best Nintendo 3DS games

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This sounds suspiciously like Zelda: A Link To The Past on SNES. Can you give me some examples how it's different, and a solid reason to get off my ass, dig out a 3DS, and play it? Assuming I have it. I'm a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, but I'm not some fan chick who has to say that they're all great. There have been a few that I hated, but for the most part I have loved them all. Especially the original. Best in the entire franchise if you ask me.

as @kingpotato already explained i can't do a better job without spoiling too much, I've had a blast with A link between worlds it's also one of the more challenging zelda games from what i remember and the ice ruins is one of the best dungeons in the entire zelda series. Sure you may see the ability to morph into walls as a gimmick but it's used in a really clever way to solve puzzles, avoid enemies, etc, to me it never felt like a gimmick and you know what makes it even cooler is with the 3d effect on, if you can handle the 3ds, 3d effect i highly recommend using it.

I'm sure you will like it as it's pretty much a link to the past 2 it plays the same, has simulair graphics. Wheter or not you should play/get it is up to you, that's a choice you have to make as Some people just don't like playing on handhelds. Assuming you already have the game i don't see any reason what would be stopping you from not trying it out, if you don't have it i don't think it's going to break the bank because from what i remember it was practically everywhere during the 3ds existance.

I do have to say my favourite handheld zelda game is the Minish Cap on the Gba.

I have no problem with handhelds. I play on my Switch and GBASP all the time. The only reasons I use a GBASP instead of the original GB is practicality. The GBASP is backlit and uses a charge cord instead of batteries. So I save a shitload of money using it instead of replacing batteries all the time. Hell, I would be lucky to be able to afford the gas just to go get them.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:08 PM, harleyqbx said:

I didn't get to play nearly enough new 3DS games. I ended uploading up my 3DS with on sale and virtual console games. Though, admittedly, I cannot stop playing Fire Emblem Awakening. 

That's a pretty great game actually and one that I never played as well. But Fire Emblem has always been a solid series on Nintendo handhelds.

I didn't get much time with the 3DS, as I never owned one. I remember played one of the Mario 3D games on it, and had a blast with it. But there was a few others games I played that were mostly forgettable. I wouldn't mind getting a 3DS one of these days to finally revisit it and its big catalog of games. 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, Kane99 said:

I didn't get much time with the 3DS, as I never owned one. I remember played one of the Mario 3D games on it, and had a blast with it. But there was a few others games I played that were mostly forgettable. I wouldn't mind getting a 3DS one of these days to finally revisit it and its big catalog of games. 

Super Mario 3D Land was pretty awesome. I still bring that one when I bring my 3DS around with me. How many here shut off the 3D on their 3DS? I've had it shut off so long that I almost forgot it's a 3D system in spite of the system name.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:18 AM, JennyorAlice said:

I have quite a few Mario games but my favorite to play is Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. 

Mario Kart 7 is fun but I normally like playing a game like that with other people. 

Honestly I didnt like Luigi's mansion 2, at least not as much as the first one, and there is no nostalgia involved since I barely played both games a couple of years ago. My problem is that Luigi's mansion games have very clunky controls and the movement is slow, and unlike the first one the sequel requires you to be quicker and react faster to certain fights.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:29 PM, kingpotato said:

The 3ds was avery underated small console, looks like everybody already forgot about it after the Switch came up. I own both a 3ds and Switch but for some reason I always end up playing my 3ds more often.

Which are your favorite 3ds games ? Mine are:

- Shovel Knight
- Mario Kart 7
- Pokemon Y (I hated the original version but just recently I dowloaded a "hacked" or updated version that increases the difficulty)
- GunVolt series
- Super Mario 3d land
- The Legend of Zelda and Majora's mask remakes

i couldn't get on the internet with mine to update it anymore so i couldn't use it. they stopped the support on it right? i haven't checked my wii. i hope i don't have the same issue with it. that 3ds was frickin awesome.