Register Now
skyfire

Nubia Red Magic - Old but Good 5G Gaming Phone

So in one of the thread we were discussing the 5G phones. I came across one suggestion which was specific to the gaming phone with a good 5G support. I have not tried it myself plus the model is now 2 years old. It seems like a good model for those who prefer 5G.

It's surprising to me that with all the people who have reviewed this phone no one has mentioned that you cannot change the audio settings. If you want to listen to music with a good audio this is not the phone for that you have to carry a second device.

Also I love the box that comes with it Xd 

On 4/8/2022 at 5:51 AM, Empire said:

It's surprising to me that with all the people who have reviewed this phone no one has mentioned that you cannot change the audio settings. If you want to listen to music with a good audio this is not the phone for that you have to carry a second device.

Also I love the box that comes with it Xd 

So you can't adjust the volume? or is it in terms of the equalizer settings?

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

We don't have 5G network here in my locality and it's why getting such smartphone doesn't freak me too much. 

It can still very well be good for playing video games and not for just internet activities. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

It can still very well be good for playing video games and not for just internet activities. 

That may work then because if it's for using the 5G network, it's going to futile because we don't have it for now here. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Redmagic 7 is an absolute beast! I'm seriously considering getting one of them because they're the only android phone currently that can handle the Snapdragon 8 GEN 1 without throttling.

My current smartphone have been giving me a lot of issues lately. If care isn't taken, I would have it replaced with something more complex. I'm thinking of going for S22 Ultra. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:25 AM, Heatman said:

My current smartphone have been giving me a lot of issues lately. If care isn't taken, I would have it replaced with something more complex. I'm thinking of going for S22 Ultra. 

It's one of the phones that users complain of with throttling issues. Unfortunately, most companies did not build a good enough cooling system to deal with the heat from Snapdragon 8 GEN 1 so it throttles a lot under heavy workload which is a shame because it has very good features.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:04 AM, killamch89 said:

The Redmagic 7 is an absolute beast! I'm seriously considering getting one of them because they're the only android phone currently that can handle the Snapdragon 8 GEN 1 without throttling.

It's actually the cost of the smartphone that's keeping a lot of gamers and even some users from getting the phone. 

19 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's actually the cost of the smartphone that's keeping a lot of gamers and even some users from getting the phone. 

It's way cheaper than every other flagship currently on the market - it's like $650 which is the price that flagships used to be about 5-6 years ago or possibly even cheaper.