Register Now
egghead

Do you use a fitness tracker?

No fitness tracker is going to be accurate on calories burned. however the FitBit. It's great for encouraging me to get more steps in. I like having daily goals and trying to beat them. It's also interesting to see trends, for example, I can tell that I was stressed at work in March because I was barely moving. But April has been much more active!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fit2 which I bought just because it was on sale and it was available at a great price. I've been using it almost every day as a sort of way to just remind me to stand up from time to time since I am working from home. It's sort of a temporary thing until I figure out whether or not I want a smart watch

On 4/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, egghead said:

I don't use a fitness tracker, however, I am thinking to buy a fitness tracker. What brand or product do you suggest for me?

Are you just looking to count steps/calories burned, or are you more into heart rate, calories and activity tracked throughout the day?

If it's the former, I'd say Sportline. I always stick with Sportline. 🙂👍🚶‍♀️

6 hours ago, melanie_marie27 said:

Are you just looking to count steps/calories burned.. 

If it's the former, I'd say Sportline. I always stick with Sportline. 🙂👍🚶‍♀️

This is just my focus with the Samsung Health app that I have on my smartphone. As for the later, I think that I have that covered up by hitting the gym at least twice times in a week. Even though my gym subscription is quite costly but it's worth every penny paid for it because they have incredible training tools. 

On 9/23/2022 at 1:54 AM, Heatman said:

This is just my focus with the Samsung Health app that I have on my smartphone. As for the later, I think that I have that covered up by hitting the gym at least twice times in a week. Even though my gym subscription is quite costly but it's worth every penny paid for it because they have incredible training tools. 

Honestly, I have the Samsung Health App on both my phone and smartwatch but I never use it. I just don't need all that information...

I don't have any specific fitness tracker on my phone but it does have a built in fitness tracker with the health app that I have on my phone and one of the features it has is to track how many steps you make each day. I find this useful if I am honest so that I can try and get my 10,000 steps in on the day if I am feeling up to it and I can keep track of that with my phone. Usually most phones have a built in health app that have a lot of good features for fitness. 

3 minutes ago, Smokey said:

*Looks down at his beer belly* Uhmmm nope, can't say I do. 😛 I do have a smartwatch though (Galaxy Watch 5 Pro) so it does keep me somewhat active by getting me up and going at times.

I had considered getting a smart watch myself as my mum has one and she loves it and is able to do so much with it but I haven't had the funds to be able to do so. Would love to be able to jump on one though in the future if I am able to. 

1 minute ago, Shortie said:

I had considered getting a smart watch myself as my mum has one and she loves it and is able to do so much with it but I haven't had the funds to be able to do so. Would love to be able to jump on one though in the future if I am able to. 

If you can afford one, they're a great tool to have for sure. 🙂 I love my Galaxy watch.

I have what I like to call a dumb smart watch, and I love it. It's called the Amazfit Neo, and it's basically an old school Casio with fitness features. I does not have most of the features that a modern smart watch has, but it tells the time, shows me how many steps I've walked, and the battery lasts for about a month between charges. 

2 hours ago, Anders said:

I have what I like to call a dumb smart watch, and I love it. It's called the Amazfit Neo, and it's basically an old school Casio with fitness features. I does not have most of the features that a modern smart watch has, but it tells the time, shows me how many steps I've walked, and the battery lasts for about a month between charges. 

Fair enough, I have a galaxy watch and I shut off most of the fitness features because I don't need them. I like it for things like notifying me who is calling without having to take my phone out of my pocket when I'm out and about or responding to messages.