Register Now
StaceyPowers

Technical specs you didn’t care about before, but do now?

On 4/15/2022 at 8:40 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any technical specs that were irrelevant to you in the past, but you learned to care about? Like, I used to not care about frame-rate at all. But now that I’ve been spoiled by the higher frame-rate on PS5, PS3 games look so jerky to me.

I wouldn't get to understand or care about higher frame-rate until I get to own a Playstation 5 and see it for myself in various games. 

I used to think the YouTuber Rags was snobbish for saying 60FPS was unacceptable and that 80 was the bare minimum, wondering how you could notice the difference. And then I got a 144Hz monitor and, while I'm not as snotty about FPS as himself, I wholeheartedly appreciate where people are coming from with the importance of framerate feeling. I mean, I suffered World of Warcraft at 6-15FPS just fine.

Maybe 4K will be the next big thing for me.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, Withywarlock said:

I used to think the YouTuber Rags was snobbish for saying 60FPS was unacceptable and that 80 was the bare minimum, wondering how you could notice the difference. And then I got a 144Hz monitor and, while I'm not as snotty about FPS as himself, I wholeheartedly appreciate where people are coming from with the importance of framerate feeling. I mean, I suffered World of Warcraft at 6-15FPS just fine.

4K is definitely going to be something bigger. When its resolution is four times better than the 1080p in full HD technology. 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, Withywarlock said:

I'd say the guy was a snob. 60fps is effectively the frame rate of real life for a human being. The human brain literally can't process a sequence of still images appearing at a higher frequency than that. You how fly's have those huge eyes made up of hundreds on small lenses?

depositphotos_25747615-stock-photo-macro-fly-eye.thumb.jpg.4619bc57723f7f8f5eb854a12b7fd007.jpg

These amazing eyes allow these insects to process images at a much faster rate than a human can. It's a big part of the reason the creatures have such incredible reflexes. The eyes actually connect to fly's motor function so the fly doesn't even have to think about taking evasive action, it just happens immediately. With these eyes, if a fly was to look at a movie playing, it would see each individual frame from that film, the frames wouldn't behind into a smooth image like it does with us.

So this guy and others like him is either a snob, or he's some kind half human, half insect mutant, like this;

alex-alvarado-flyman.thumb.jpg.36f314cae4c2692bda9b60feb2effd14.jpg

The only real reason to run a game higher than 60fps to account for frame rate instabilities. Like if it is at around 60fps-70fps on average, but it's dipping to below 40pfs on occasions, you might want set the parameters for the game to run at around 120fps on average so those dips never let the go below 60fps. That's fair. The only other reason is just immature dick measuring.

Super GPU that you not need to going to use them all 😛 I mean even fast FPS games doesn't use them all. REgards FPS, you don't really need super FPS in simulator games. I no joke found a discord friend that said he didn’t know his refreshrate when I asked him. I asked how much his monitor was and he said like $600. I told him to go into advanced display settings, and he was running his 240hz monitor on 60hz