Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

How is the Ace Combat series?

The only Ace Combat I've played is Assault Horizons and it was cool. It was a really gritty and fun game that I would recommend. Here's Angry Joe's review to give a better idea.

I t may not have been the most realistic flight sim in the world and certainly not the most realistic flight sim in the Ace Combat series, but that's what made it a great game to me. Adding excitement and fun at the cost of realism I think is better philosophy.

@Reality vs Adventure. That's really cool about your grandfather. I'm somehow surprised to find the F-22 was that at old and I wasn't aware they had been retired. A quick google revealed that the powers that be deemed the planes too expensive to make combat ready in the modern world, so I guess that's that. A shame, but I suppose you can't run a military on nostalgia.

17 minutes ago, Shagger said:

The only Ace Combat I've played is Assault Horizons and it was cool. It was a really gritty and fun game that I would recommend. Here's Angry Joe's review to give a better idea.

I t may not have been the most realistic flight sim in the world and certainly not the most realistic flight sim in the Ace Combat series, but that's what made it a great game to me. Adding excitement and fun at the cost of realism I think is better philosophy.

@Reality vs Adventure. That's really cool about your grandfather. I'm somehow surprised to find the F-22 was that at old and I wasn't aware they had been retired. A quick google revealed that the powers that be deemed the planes too expensive to make combat ready in the modern world, so I guess that's that. A shame, but I suppose you can't run a military on nostalgia.

Assault Horizon looks like what I'm looking for. Thanks for sharing. That's the one I'm gonna buy. And you are right, a little fun in a game like that is better. 

As far as the F-22, I guess with the Stealth Bombers, it wouldn't be cost effective to keep both in commission. My grandpa retired as a colonel and set up a training academy in Florida. He also fought in Vietnam; many years in service. 

This game is good but it takes too long to unlock the Raptor. Kinda annoying that you have to wait until practically the end of the game to use it. I think it would be better it you could just save up your money and buy it as soon as you have enough.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is the best of the game's series in my opinion. The reason would be that it offers the best when it comes to offering incredible virtual reality, amazing graphics and the striking explosion in the game is awesome. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't think it's changed that much since the PS2 days and that's a good thing because the series still seems to be going very strong...

I just completed watching the review on Assault Horizon and Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, my decision going to be on either of them on which one to play next. 

I think ace combat 7: skies unknown would be my favorite off the series which brings the series back to the soaring heights it is based on And the story returns to strangreal.

AC7 doesn't run on a proprietary engine designed solely for the series but utilizes the unreal engine which makes it way cooler than other games in the series.

I went through the game, it's kind of an arcade stylish game published by Bandai Namco gaming entertainment company.  I love the gameplay which I saw on a trailer, which is centred using a jet fighter to shoot the enemies. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I went through the game, it's kind of an arcade stylish game published by Bandai Namco gaming entertainment company.  I love the gameplay which I saw on a trailer, which is centred using a jet fighter to shoot the enemies. 

I hope that trailer did justice to the game, though the series isn't a total blockbuster as some games were a flop but if you played AC7 or AC4 you would get the complete thrilling experience that comes with jet fighting .

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I hope that trailer did justice to the game, though the series isn't a total blockbuster as some games were a flop but if you played AC7 or AC4 you would get the complete thrilling experience that comes with jet fighting .

It's one hell of a cracker arcade game, the trailer I've watched tells me exactly what the game is all about, just reminding me about 'Rambo's first blood movie which was performed just like the game. 

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think ace combat 7: skies unknown would be my favorite off the series which brings the series back to the soaring heights it is based on And the story returns to strangreal.

AC7 doesn't run on a proprietary engine designed solely for the series but utilizes the unreal engine which makes it way cooler than other games in the series.

I had the same feeling about the game after reading reviews on it. I have already decided on purchasing the game. It might be by the end of the year. 

On 5/31/2022 at 6:54 PM, Boblee said:

I had the same feeling about the game after reading reviews on it. I have already decided on purchasing the game. It might be by the end of the year. 

If you have much time to spare you can actually start to play from AC4 till you get to AC7 as this would give you all the thrills you need from the series, playing just one game off the series wouldn't help you appreciate how much the game has transitioned and grown through each release.