Register Now
Patrik

Tough games from the past

I have been playing Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy recently, and omg, the game is sooo hard and plays on my nerves, i don't remember it being that hard back when i played it as a kid.

Same happened when i tried to replay Jackie Chan Stuntmaster and Pepsi Man, the games were hard for me as a kid, but i realized that they are even harder recently. 

what other games you believe that they are pain in the back to play?

The EA Sports Indy 500 game.  You had to request your tires while in the pit box.  How does that lead to a quick enough pit stop?  Also there's no courtesy on the track, you could get wrecked at any second.  The one good thing is that you can choose to have the Ilmor Chevrolet engine and be one of the ten fastest cars in the field.  I never won the Indy 500 in the game, I may have won the 125 mile short race once though.

God hand was moving smoothly for me during the days of PS2, but I couldn't cross the part of the second to last boss fighter. I contested with him about 50 times lost all battles, such is one of the worst experience for me playing adventure games. 

I usually don't play super hard stuff or I'll over-level a character to get gud. I'd say it's getting out of Cairo station on halo2 on legendary. I love the game is the only reason I stuck with it but the checkpoints were kinda long and the elites were just bullet sponges. Real piad

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I usually don't play super hard stuff

same is happening to me with Crash Bandicoot rn, i reached a point that i wanted to uninstall the game, but nah, i love it and i'm getting good at it xD

On 4/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, Patrik said:

I have been playing Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy recently, and omg, the game is sooo hard and plays on my nerves, i don't remember it being that hard back when i played it as a kid.

Same happened when i tried to replay Jackie Chan Stuntmaster and Pepsi Man, the games were hard for me as a kid, but i realized that they are even harder recently. 

what other games you believe that they are pain in the back to play?

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster was my favorite back in the days from Playstation 1. I don't think if I ever completed the game. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster was my favorite back in the days from Playstation 1. I don't think if I ever completed the game. 

same, i got like 2-3 levels left then i gave up, the game was just too hard, what did disapoint me is that there was a secret level in it that i wanted to unlock but it required collecting all the dragons in the game which was an impossible task for me lol

Two games that I have talked about before come to mind immediately for me. Blaster Master and Legacy Of The Wizard, both on NES. Neither have ever been easy, especially Blaster Master. It's a maze of traveling from world to world, backtracking, riddles, and dumb luck all spawned from desperation that would make the Zodiac Killer proud. MC Escher couldn't have drawn up a more confusing map to any of this. The only worlds that follow in order is Area 1 leads to Area 2 which then leads to Area 3. And there are 8 in total. After you complete Area 3, you're going to lose your mind trying to find the entrance to Area 4. Because it's actually hidden all the way back in Area 1. Kids were constantly calling Nintendo's 800 number going "WHAT THE FUCK?!" because no one could figure the damn game out. I have beaten it, but this is one instance that practice doesn't make perfect. The final boss (Plutonium Boss) is next to impossible.

With Legacy Of The Wizard, 30 YEARS AND I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND BUT ONE FUCKING CROWN OUT OF FOUR.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:13 PM, Patrik said:

same, i got like 2-3 levels left then i gave up, the game was just too hard, what did disapoint me is that there was a secret level in it that i wanted to unlock but it required collecting all the dragons in the game which was an impossible task for me lol

If the game is still available on Playstation 4, I wouldn't mind playing it all over again and maybe I can beat it now.