Register Now
Justin11

Your favourite racing game series of all - time?

I am a big fan of racing games, their is no secret to that. I opened up this thread to keep it engaged with fellow racing game lovers. 

When it comes to my choice of racing games, I love 'Moto GP series a lot, I consider it my best racing game series of all-time. I take pride also around, 'GT series, NFS series, F1 series and Monster Energy Super-cross racing series. 

What's your own favourite racing game series?

74128285_images(18)-2022-04-18T224701_103.jpeg.03333b3b9dcbb7be19a36ea74b1e9883.jpeg

Motor GP

1158239812_images(18)-2022-04-18T224735_215.jpeg.b6bfa6748cfa1c49aa3cf9fc0550912f.jpeg

Gran Turismo racing game image

433743370_images(18)-2022-04-18T224756_452.jpeg.4c6ad19d77bb015c7d7ff51730b3c7c8.jpeg

Monster Energy Super-cross 5

Edited by Justin11

For me, it's Burnout. The games were intense, felt fantastic to control, unique, great soundtracks and massive fun. Apart from Burnout Paradise, that game can suck a smelly toe, but the rest of them are great. Burnout 3 in particular is, in my humble opinion, the best arcade racing game ever made, and given the decline in the genre, will probably be best we will ever see. 

Edited by Shagger

16 minutes ago, Shagger said:

For me, it's Burnout. The games were intense, felt fantastic to control, unique, great soundtracks and massive fun. Apart from Burnout Paradise, that game can suck a smelly toe, but the rest of them are great. Burnout 3 in particular is, in my humble opinion, the best arcade racing game ever made, and given the decline in the genre, will probably be best the best we will ever see. 

I know you mean burnout paradise, which came first time in 2008, I played it. To my bad, I didn't include it in the list of racing game series i cherish. I played it on my PS3, one if the best car racing game ever, resembles Gran Turismo series. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I am a big fan of racing games, their is no secret to that. I opened up this thread to keep it engaged with fellow racing game lovers. 

When it comes to my choice of racing games, I love 'Moto GP series a lot, I consider it my best racing game series of all-time. I take pride also around, 'GT series, NFS series, F1 series and Monster Energy Super-cross racing series. 

What's your own favourite racing game series?

74128285_images(18)-2022-04-18T224701_103.jpeg.03333b3b9dcbb7be19a36ea74b1e9883.jpeg

Motor GP

1158239812_images(18)-2022-04-18T224735_215.jpeg.b6bfa6748cfa1c49aa3cf9fc0550912f.jpeg

Gran Turismo racing game image

433743370_images(18)-2022-04-18T224756_452.jpeg.4c6ad19d77bb015c7d7ff51730b3c7c8.jpeg

Monster Energy Super-cross 5

What track is that in the GT photo?  I don't recognize it from the diagram.

14 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I think that picture is from auto modellista and not gran turismo. Maybe justin11 chucked it in to test our racing game knowledge, i don't know (ain't gonna fool me boy 😉)

If i speak from nostalgia i have to say super monaco gp one and two on the sega megadrive/genesis. I still try to play trough the second game atleast once a year.

Can't really say i have one favourite series but if i have to choose probably going to pick forza motorsport, the 4th being the highlight of the series. Maybe that changes if they release forza 8 this year or the next let's hope it does.

I always had a lot of fun with the test drive unlimited series, they were cringy at best and the handling of the care were quite awfull but it did so much things that were new at the time nobody really cared about that.

Sure i have nothing agains gran turismo and i had put many hours into the series but i feel like the series has been in a downward spiral after the 4th entry. GT 6 was quite good but nobody played that since by the time it got released, the ps4 was already out and people already moved on. GT7 With the recent micro transaction bullshit i don't know man, going to keep my hands away from that game for quit a while.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

I think that picture is from auto modellista and not gran turismo. Maybe justin11 chucked it in to test our racing game knowledge, i don't know (ain't gonna fool me boy 😉)

Either he's trying to trick us for fun or it was a legitimate mistake.  I think we will soon hear from Justin about it.

Tough one because there are some great racing games out there. But it would probably have to be Forza Horizon or F1 for me. It's hard for me to pick one out of the two I have mentioned since they are quite different. But Forza Horizon is amazing for a more arcade-like experience and then if you're in the mood for F1, that has a more realistic approach to racing which is quite fun

I'm not a series loyalist. I don't care what series or brand a racing game belongs in as long as it's great.

My favorite racing game is Test Drive Unlimited, but I didn't like the  sequel as much, its physics was a bit dumbed down, and hasn't improved on the original in any way.

Need For Speed used to be my favorite series, but that ended after the fifth game, Porsche Unleashed.

I also enjoyed Gran Turismo up to the 6th game, but I think Sport was an insult to traditional GT fans, and GT7 is a terrible game with an identity crisis. A wannabe sim that fails at being both a sim and an arcade game.

So I can't say I unconditionally like any series.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:32 AM, Family sedan said:

The picture is a generic one indeed, but I think it's a GT 2 photo. You can scan it, if you can 😛