Register Now
Justin11

Your favourite racing game series of all - time?

On 4/22/2022 at 3:36 AM, Family sedan said:

I think the photo comes from a game that looks really similar to GT, but it isn't GT.  This is a fun quandary.

Like i said before it's from auto modellista.

Also i hear you mentioning you like wrc 8 on the switch, one game i recommend you should keep on eye out is V-rally 4, i don't know how it performs on the switch but it's from the same people behind the wrc series, just with a little more variety in the racing departement. You never hear people talking about it so that's why i bring it up, kind of under rated game imo that deserves more attention, i'm sure you can buy it on the cheap since it's been a few years old.

6 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Thanks.  I may have overpaid for WRC 8.  I bought it used for 35 dollars at Game Stop.  Does V-rally 4 have the gen. 1 Golf GTI as a rally car?  That would be cool.

When did you actually made that purchase WRC 8 for 35 dollars at Game Stop? There might be a factor as to why it was so.. 

14 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Do we know what made the price so abnormally high?  What would I have paid this month?

I don't have that information on what would have been the reason why the price was higher at the time. You can get it cheaper for used one's at $17 now. 

On 4/20/2022 at 2:23 PM, m76 said:

I'm not a series loyalist. I don't care what series or brand a racing game belongs in as long as it's great.

My favorite racing game is Test Drive Unlimited, but I didn't like the  sequel as much, its physics was a bit dumbed down, and hasn't improved on the original in any way.

Need For Speed used to be my favorite series, but that ended after the fifth game, Porsche Unleashed.

I also enjoyed Gran Turismo up to the 6th game, but I think Sport was an insult to traditional GT fans, and GT7 is a terrible game with an identity crisis. A wannabe sim that fails at being both a sim and an arcade game.

So I can't say I unconditionally like any series.

I never played Sport.  I'd like to know more about why it's an insult to the series.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:53 PM, Justin11 said:

The picture is a generic one indeed, but I think it's a GT 2 photo. You can scan it, if you can 😛

The timing and scoring displays don't look right to be GT2, but that S2000 looks well animated, I want that game.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't have that information on what would have been the reason why the price was higher at the time. You can get it cheaper for used one's at $17 now. 

Thanks for the info Heatman.  Honestly since I've played about 70 seasons, I've got my monies worth and I really don't mind how much I payed.

Just now, Family sedan said:

Thanks for the info Heatman.  Honestly since I've played about 70 seasons, I've got my monies worth and I really don't mind how much I payed.

It's something that's worth every moment spent on the game. I do that as well because it's been a fulfilling one ever since.