Register Now
Justin11

Your favourite racing game series of all - time?

15 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I never played Sport.  I'd like to know more about why it's an insult to the series.

Because it had basically no single player content at release, and it was specifically made with esports in mind, nothing else. So fans of the classic series were hung out to dry.

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Soccer is different from racing, I don't play soccer anymore, I more of a racing game addict. I've recently added Monster energy supercross 5 racing game to the list of luxuries of racing games on my console. 

This Monster energy supercross 5, is it a series or just one new release of the motorcycle racing game? 

Honestly, this is a difficult one to answer because there are so many that I love but if I had to choose one, it'd be either Need For Speed. I absolutely love the fast-paced races which get the adrenaline going and keep you on the edge of your seat.

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's a series racing game, the edition 5 is the one I got recently. 

185424922_images(18)-2022-05-01T105026_951.jpeg.a8ffc57cbf9949ba8ab645cb4098ac91.jpeg

Wait? I see Monster logo in the background of the picture. They are the sponsor behind the game or they are the game's developer? 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Wait? I see Monster logo in the background of the picture. They are the sponsor behind the game or they are the game's developer? 

Nope, same developer of MGP also developed this 'Monster Energy Super-cross 5 racing game, which is 'Milestone'.

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Nope, same developer of MGP also developed this 'Monster Energy Super-cross 5 racing game, which is 'Milestone'.

Now, that's an interesting one. No wonder they had similar racing mechanics and designs just like you stated before. 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, Heatman said:

Now, that's an interesting one. No wonder they had similar racing mechanics and designs just like you stated before. 

Yeah, milestone is mainly on motorcycle games, that's what I've spotted around them. Most if their motorcycle games are superb, at least for motorcycle GP, and Monster energy, they're superb. 

On 5/1/2022 at 8:37 PM, Heatman said:

Monster energy is the title sponser of the series the game is based on hence the title and you know pretty sure they give milestone a huge sack of cash for naming the game like that.

7 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, milestone is mainly on motorcycle games, that's what I've spotted around them. Most if their motorcycle games are superb, at least for motorcycle GP, and Monster energy, they're superb. 

I can't help it but i find milestone their games unfinished most of the time, they have been crapping out several games each year of mostly mediocre quality, especially the loading times are awfull. I mean do we really need 2 motorcross games each year (mxgp and monster energy supercross) it's a sport that is already niche in itself and on top of that you have motogp releases yearly and i've read somewhere milestone is working on a game based on the world superbike series a bit too much for a small studio if you ask me.

Also justin you should check out the ride series, imo the better games from milestone, kind of the gran turismo of motorcycling games but just not as polished.