Register Now
Justin11

Do you see Liverpool FC becoming the first English team winning the quadruple this season (2021/2022)?

On 7/26/2022 at 4:49 PM, Clasher said:

That's true, they've missed two chances at wining the UCL title, and with what is currently happening in the transfer window I think their chances are becoming thinner and thinner by the day.

Do you think their current squad could help them win the UCL next season?

Difficult to say - a lot of factors can affect how far a team can reach in a cup competition. For all we know, they could face a repeat of the 20/21 season where most of their defensive players were injured so they didn't do that well in Champions League.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Difficult to say - a lot of factors can affect how far a team can reach in a cup competition. For all we know, they could face a repeat of the 20/21 season where most of their defensive players were injured so they didn't do that well in Champions League.

That's true mate, well it still quite early to make any tangible predictions.

When the season commences we could then know which team has the higher chances.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's true mate, well it still quite early to make any tangible predictions.

When the season commences we could then know which team has the higher chances.

And with the World Cup in November, there's going to be a lot of league games during the week just to make up for the time lost so schedules will be extremely packed just as in the 20/21 season.

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

And it will be hectic for the players, tough injury calls will take place before the world cup, which will see some super star faces missing the world cup through injury cos of match workload. 

Yep - that's why it would've made more sense to have it in the summer when most player's won't have to deal with a grueling season right after and can get adequate rest. Remember that with the African Cup Of Nations in January, people like Salah were out for 3 weeks after so that he could rest and then he started making some substitute appearances to get back to Liverpool fitness standards.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:17 PM, killamch89 said:

Yep - that's why it would've made more sense to have it in the summer when most player's won't have to deal with a grueling season right after and can get adequate rest. Remember that with the African Cup Of Nations in January, people like Salah were out for 3 weeks after so that he could rest and then he started making some substitute appearances to get back to Liverpool fitness standards.

I never loved the idea of having the AFCON within that timeframe, that's way too ridiculous. CAF should consider changing the timeframe and merging it within the summer, just as European continent does with their Euro tournament. It will help reduce injuries midway through the season. 

Liverpool look absolutely horrid this season and before anyone says it's because Mane is gone - you're not completely wrong but the bigger issue is that Liverpool's team is really starting to show their age. Van Djik doesn't look like himself at all - He looks like he Dutch Harry McGuire this season. Salah can't hit a barn door - Trent's crossing is terrible. Honestly, I'm really concerned.

You should be very concerned if you're a fan of Liverpool. They're so horrible this season, they aren't doing well overall. Their league position aren't what many predicted at the moment. I think they're missing Sadio Mane, mauve with time they can adjust better without their former man. 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:49 PM, Justin11 said:

You should be very concerned if you're a fan of Liverpool. They're so horrible this season, they aren't doing well overall. Their league position aren't what many predicted at the moment. I think they're missing Sadio Mane, mauve with time they can adjust better without their former man. 

As I said, Sadio Mane's absence is a factor but the bigger factor is that Liverpool's team is really starting to show their age. Van Djik, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, Salah, Thiago are all over or around 30 and Darwin Nunez...well see for yourself...

As I said previously, I always though he was really raw when he was at Benfica. His ball control is wonky and his technical ability is far below Liverpool's level so it was baffling that they went in for him.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As I said, Sadio Mane's absence is a factor but the bigger factor is that Liverpool's team is really starting to show their age. Van Djik, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, Salah, Thiago are all over or around 30 and Darwin Nunez...well see for yourself...

As I said previously, I always though he was really raw when he was at Benfica. His ball control is wonky and his technical ability is far below Liverpool's level so it was baffling that they went in for him.

Darwin Nunez took the ball easily from Jordan Henderson, but was totally wasteful at the end via the shot be took after dragging the ball away from his teammate. The team needs to work hard to correct all areas they're finding difficult to settle in. Shooting accuracy, strength is lacking in some of the players. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:59 AM, Justin11 said:

Darwin Nunez took the ball easily from Jordan Henderson, but was totally wasteful at the end via the shot be took after dragging the ball away from his teammate. The team needs to work hard to correct all areas they're finding difficult to settle in. Shooting accuracy, strength is lacking in some of the players. 

Honestly, Darwin Nunez just doesn't have the tactical intelligence Klopp's players are normally known for - I know he's young but he lacks too many vital attributes to prosper in a Liverpool team.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:41 AM, killamch89 said:

Honestly, Darwin Nunez just doesn't have the tactical intelligence Klopp's players are normally known for - I know he's young but he lacks too many vital attributes to prosper in a Liverpool team.

He lacks attitude, that weird display of attitude against Crystal palace caused his game alot. Assumed he kept his cool, I believed by now, he would've gotten good number of goals. If you watch haaland, haaland doesn't put in such horror show, because he knows his target in every match. 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:50 AM, Justin11 said:

He lacks attitude, that weird display of attitude against Crystal palace caused his game alot. Assumed he kept his cool, I believed by now, he would've gotten good number of goals. If you watch haaland, haaland doesn't put in such horror show, because he knows his target in every match. 

Liverpool have finally woken up but Darwin Nunez is so bad on the ball - he just doesn't know when to pass.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Liverpool have finally woken up but Darwin Nunez is so bad on the ball - he just doesn't know when to pass.

In their last match against City, their was a ball he ought to have dragged back to his teammate that is closer to him, instead he decided to square tbe ball to a player in the other flank, that was how the goal eluded his team. But to say, Nunez's form aren't bad, the kid has about four goals in the league and remember he hasn't played much, he's just coming through three match suspension. 

On 10/19/2022 at 2:37 AM, Justin11 said:

In their last match against City, their was a ball he ought to have dragged back to his teammate that is closer to him, instead he decided to square tbe ball to a player in the other flank, that was how the goal eluded his team. But to say, Nunez's form aren't bad, the kid has about four goals in the league and remember he hasn't played much, he's just coming through three match suspension. 

Twice he could've put through Salah on goal with a simple pass and square but he chose to shoot straight at the defender. To be fair, I'm not expecting him to be like Halaand but the basics such as decision making and ball control are stuff he should have already.