Register Now
Knight Plug

Silent Hill may be getting revived by Bloober Team...

Bloober Team are working with Konami now, so people think it's a done deal. 😲

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/85433/bloober-team-is-working-on-at-least-four-new-games/index.html

The only thing about Bloober Team is that they usually did horror games in the past, but ones without any combat involved. And that's not any good. 😜

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm not optimistic.  Even if it is Silent Hill, and the people writing these articles are being VERY presumptuous if ask me, every FucKonami release release since their split with Kojima has been a disaster.

They have a very long way to go before they can get back to the good level they operated at in the past. Something should be be done on Silent Hill by now but they need to go about it the right way. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, Candy Stick said:

One of their better known games is The Medium. I never played it. I never bought a PS5 or Xbox One. But it definitely has Silent Hill vibes throughout.

I hope the franchise will be in good hands. 🤤

The trailer looks good and if they can get good half of what they have shown there, it's going to be something really worth playing. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:55 PM, Crazycrab said:

I'm not optimistic.  Even if it is Silent Hill, and the people writing these articles are being VERY presumptuous if ask me, every FucKonami release release since their split with Kojima has been a disaster.

I agree. The post Team Silent era kind of sucked for the series.

Konami outsourced the games to developers that nobody had really heard of. Vatra Games? Really?

They closed up shop long ago. 

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

I agree. The post Team Silent era kind of sucked for the series.

Konami outsourced the games to developers that nobody had really heard of. Vatra Games? Really?

They closed up shop long ago. 

After all the crap that went down throughout 2015 in particular they probably have a hard time getting people to work with them.  I think Bloober Team might be the first noteworthy developer to do so in years. 

Then there was this statement made by Geoff Keighley the 2015 Game of the Year Awards after which a ton of provident developers publicly stated that they would never work with Fuckonami ever again.

51 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

After all the crap that went down throughout 2015 in particular they probably have a hard time getting people to work with them.  I think Bloober Team might be the first noteworthy developer to do so in years. 

Then there was this statement made by Geoff Keighley the 2015 Game of the Year Awards after which a ton of provident developers publicly stated that they would never work with Fuckonami ever again.

The way you refer to the company as Fuckonami really says it all how much you're pissed at the them. 

8 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I remember the backlash well, and they deserved it. They have let a beloved series go to waste. In fact, all of their franchises, more or less.

And all for what? More money because of their greed. It's very easy to destroy something than it is to fix or rebuild it. 

It was annoying when they would plug merchandise for a series, such as gambling machines and skateboards, knowing that the franchise had been mostly an afterthought from Konami. Not to mention their passing tweets when the 20th anniversary came around. It was so hollow. Even Capcom gives more love for their games.