Register Now
kingpotato

Favorite Beer Brand

51 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I did, don't mind me mixing my inquiry up. I was actually replying the quote on your comment thinking that it was you. Sorry 🙏

No worries, btw on that post you made its Whisky isnt it ? the 8pm bottle ?

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I thought you had managed to taste it. I got 8PM for myself today. I'm going to have a glass of it tomorrow. 1909146303_images(49).jpeg.325fc6106109b4a72a9784e97b7970fa.jpeg

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Yes it is!

8pm! The best new blended whisky out of India!

tumblr_ofmc4jndgn1tsfx8ro1_400.gif.c4d78b52f96428fe90e5e62c0d5f4952.gif

Right there with you David Tennant. As Scotsman, we are morally obligated to have doubts about this.

Back onto the topic of beer, my netter half's father left something after a recent visit that's kind of interesting;

IMG_20220501_001817.thumb.jpg.a336874d3f3a54dee42b28d9824d7006.jpg

(somebody, somewhere had to come up with this as an idea...)

There was a beer brand here in the states a while back that was called Damm Beer. I don't know if it is or was available anywhere else. But I can just imagine it now:

"Hey bartender! Gimme a Damm beer."

How many people do you think got kicked out of bars over that one?

I have a bottle of it somewhere that I bought as a novelty, but can't find it at the moment. I googled it, but couldn't find the one I was looking for.

Edited by The Blackangel

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yep, it's a Whisky and one the best that I have tasted so far. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There was a beer brand here in the states a while back that was called Damm Beer. I don't know if it is or was available anywhere else. But I can just imagine it now:

"Hey bartender! Gimme a Damm beer."

How many people do you think got kicked out of bars over that one?

I have a bottle of it somewhere that I bought as a novelty, but can't find it at the moment. I googled it, but couldn't find the one I was looking for.

Is it Estrella brand of Damm beer? 

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

No it's not. It's something different.

Mmmh, that's interesting. I have only had Estrella and it's good. Maybe when you managed to find the bottle, then you can know for sure. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

I thought you had managed to taste it. I got 8PM for myself today. I'm going to have a glass of it tomorrow. 1909146303_images(49).jpeg.325fc6106109b4a72a9784e97b7970fa.jpeg

It's a grain whisky or a blend of multiple grains with no malt.  In my experience grain whisky's usually kinda suck.  I only know of maybe 2 or 3 other brands that even sell grains to the end customers.  Almost the entire grain whisky produce is sold to other distilleries to make regular blends like Grouse or Bells.

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

It's a grain whisky or a blend of multiple grains with no malt.  In my experience grain whisky's usually kinda suck.  I only know of maybe 2 or 3 other brands that even sell grains to the end customers.  Almost the entire grain whisky produce is sold to other distilleries to make regular blends like Grouse or Bells.

You're very correct about it being a grain blended whisky but it tastes good for me. It's actually the first time I've tasted 8 PM and it gets an approval mark from me. 

When I used to drink when I was younger, I mainly went for vodka and rum. I used to love mixing all kinds of stuff with Vodka - Pepsi, cranberry juice, apple juice etc. I feel like Vodka is one of the most versatile alcoholic beverages that can be prepared in so many ways. It and Rum...

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

My favourite beer brand would be budweiser I don't drink beer often but when I want to I just go with my ice cold Budweiser beer.

I had tasted that Budweiser beer twice and it turned out that I was allergic to it. It gave me burnt/sore throat the next morning after drinking it. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I had tasted that Budweiser beer twice and it turned out that I was allergic to it. It gave me burnt/sore throat the next morning after drinking it. 

Really, I Never had any negative reaction to it. I prefer it to other beer brand because it tastes better and not as bitter as the other beer brands I have tasted before.