Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you exploit design flaws or bugs to win fights in games?

I feel like the only way I survive about 50% of difficulty spikes in Bioware games is to take advantage of loopholes in fight designs or even bugs. While this makes me feel incompetent, the spikes are so ridiculous I don’t feel that bad about it.

Still, I am surprised how often I do this. Does anyone else find you frequently exploit flaws to beat hard fights in games?

I'll use just about any dirty trick to win at a game if I get frustrated enough, though this applies strictly to single-player games. There's no way I'm going to risk myself or anyone else a ban or a poor time.

You mention BioWare games and I'm with you there 100%: wanding off-screen enemies in Baldur's Gate, or using Stealth to bypass combats in Dragon Age.

I tend to play multiplayer games so I don't bother with design flaws or bugs to beat my opponents. It would just be boring and not fun to beat others by "cheating". I have use meta weapons/strategies to win though but I guess that is not really exploiting anything.

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

If there is no other way possible for me to win the fight in a fair and square manner, then I have no other choice but to get low and use them. 

It's ridiculous indeed with the bugs no doubt, but at times such ridicules can help us win games. I never tried it with mission games, but couple of times it has helped me win games when PES was a mainstay in my life. When I would jump over an opposing through through his shirt when the time is almost up and shoot straight for the AI to direct my shot to a spectacular angle to the top right roof of the net xD. 

On 4/25/2022 at 7:54 PM, Darth said:

I tend to play multiplayer games so I don't bother with design flaws or bugs to beat my opponents. It would just be boring and not fun to beat others by "cheating". I have use meta weapons/strategies to win though but I guess that is not really exploiting anything.

Some wankers would call you a chat in some cases for using them meta weapons/strategies to win. It happens often in Top Eleven Football Manager that I play. When I struggle for weeks to train my players to become monsters, I'd be labeled a cheat. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Some wankers would call you a chat in some cases for using them meta weapons/strategies to win. It happens often in Top Eleven Football Manager that I play. When I struggle for weeks to train my players to become monsters, I'd be labeled a cheat. 

People will always complain and send you bad messages I guess for any old reason. The best thing we can do is just keep beating them and ignoring their messages 😆. Annoy them even more by continuing to use meta/over powered items and strategies.

Just now, Darth said:

People will always complain and send you bad messages I guess for any old reason. The best thing we can do is just keep beating them and ignoring their messages 😆. Annoy them even more by continuing to use meta/over powered items and strategies.

Seriously, I don't give a damn about them at all but always make it a habit of beating them over and over again since we are always in the same server, so we always meet every season. 

4 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I have never been the kind of gamer that likes to exploit bugs or glitches just to win no matter how difficult the game prevents for me. It makes me feel weak and that's a feeling I hardly like put myself through. 

Same here - I like to win off my own skill. It feels far more rewarding than depending on exploits.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Same here - I like to win off my own skill. It feels far more rewarding than depending on exploits.

I always tell myself hey, you can take some time off and recollect yourself and wits on how to proceed further and that usually work 8/10 times I do that. 

Personally, enjoying the game to its fullest and also winning is the ultimate so I could employ whatever means to get past a difficult stage even if it's means taking advantage of bugs. 

But mind you I would never use cheats in video games and this kind of bugs doesn't occur often but when it does I just use it to my advantage. Bugs are annoying sometimes so if I get a way to use the bugs to my advantage and win the game I would just do that instead.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, Clasher said:

Personally, enjoying the game to its fullest and also winning is the ultimate so I could employ whatever means to get past a difficult stage even if it's means taking advantage of bugs. 

But mind you I would never use cheats in video games and this kind of bugs doesn't occur often but when it does I just use it to my advantage. Bugs are annoying sometimes so if I get a way to use the bugs to my advantage and win the game I would just do that instead.

Even exploiting the bugs/glitches still feels like cheating to me because it's still taking an advantage that I shouldn't have ordinarily which gives me an easy way out of the fix that I'm in the game. There's never a good feeling for me in doing it. 

Design flaws or bugs are alover us, doesn't matter if you are in singleplayer or multiplayer, point that I come across so many, even in games that are no onger new. Yet can help you in the long run or makes it hard and pointless in another way. I've ever found an exploit or a glitch that's been all that beneficial. Most either lead me to dying, having to restart for being unable to move forwards, or are just weird graphical/physics engine quirks where a character will end up with an elongated finger or floating in midair.