Register Now
Cognizant

Do you play IO games?

Hey, does anybody here play IO games, those short online challenges like Agar io? I've discovered that there are thousands of those mini games now, so they must be pretty popular but I've never met/talked to an io game fan :)) as for me I play io games from time to time (to waste it ahahahaha) and what about you?

The first one I ever played was Agar.io and it was quite funny. I've tried a few of the other .io games but never really played them a lot. It's fun for a few minutes but eventually it just gets boring. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't know what you're talking about concerning the IO game you mentioned. Maybe I have one but couldn't remember. 

It's like this - https://agar.io/

Basically games on websites that have a .io domain extension

On 4/25/2022 at 7:58 PM, Darth said:

The first one I ever played was Agar.io and it was quite funny. I've tried a few of the other .io games but never really played them a lot. It's fun for a few minutes but eventually it just gets boring. 

It's like this - https://agar.io/

Basically games on websites that have a .io domain extension

I understand your point, so, it is the kind of extension for a particular game genre? 

I'm not sure what their game genre is, to be honest. I guess they count as sort of clicker games because you need to use the mouse mainly to control the avatar and then for some games, click to control it. 

It terms of the extension, I was just referring to the .io which these games always use in their domains

On 4/25/2022 at 6:40 AM, Justin11 said:

I don't know what you're talking about concerning the IO game you mentioned. Maybe I have one but couldn't remember. 

like Agar.io, Combines.io, Slither.io, Venge.io

I cannot give a strict definition either, bt I call "io games" all those short free (often multiplayer) browser games and there are thousands of them now. I like to switch off my brain for 5-10 minutes while playing them at work during breaks😁it's good that my boss is not against some gaming on the workplace hahhhaha 
or after work... just to do something stupid and waste a bit of time, kinda of relaxation session

Edited by Cognizant

On 4/29/2022 at 9:26 AM, Cognizant said:

like Agar.io, Combines.io, Slither.io, Venge.io

I cannot give a strict definition either, bt I call "io games" all those short free (often multiplayer) browser games and there are thousands of them now. I like to switch off my brain for 5-10 minutes while playing them at work during breaks😁it's good that my boss is not against some gaming on the workplace hahhhaha 
or after work... just to do something stupid and waste a bit of time, kinda of relaxation session

I found your explanation helpful, and I've decoded the information I needed mostly. It's pleasant your boss doesn't worry about your gaming urge at workplace. I believe you wouldn't play io games during working hours? lol. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I found your explanation helpful, and I've decoded the information I needed mostly. It's pleasant your boss doesn't worry about your gaming urge at workplace. I believe you wouldn't play io games during working hours? lol. 

Actually I'm not a keen gamer, I'm rather an amateur ... I think I just use it as a kind of psychological item like spinner 😃 to relax, enjoy, refocus attention. There's something good for the adult mind in a bit of gaming. Conscious gaming =)))

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have a lot of games on my Switch that are an .io extension to the brand. But ever since my dog destroyed my Switch, I couldn't tell you which ones are, and which ones aren't.

Are they Nintendo versions of browser titles? 

19 hours ago, Cognizant said:

Actually I'm not a keen gamer, I'm rather an amateur ... I think I just use it as a kind of psychological item like spinner 😃 to relax, enjoy, refocus attention. There's something good for the adult mind in a bit of gaming. Conscious gaming =)))

xD, you aren't talking like an amateur gamer, you tell like a genius, I believe you're good when it comes to playing playing those Io games. 

On 5/3/2022 at 7:00 AM, Justin11 said:

xD, you aren't talking like an amateur gamer, you tell like a genius, I believe you're good when it comes to playing playing those Io games. 

thanks))pleased to hear. I have 2 fav titles - Spyro and Crash Bandicoot - which I can play for hours. And... I'm waiting for Stray cause I like cats very much. I'm quite good at Spyro and Crash but oh no, I'm absolutely not good at .io games. I'm usually killed/dead in the first 2 minutes. I've seen several youtubers playing professionally such games as combines.io or paper-io.com, and their performances are great! I didn't even guess that there could be such well-designed tactics of step-by-step winning where I lose immediately ( and lose interest too). I'm better in using spinner than in playing web games ahahhaah