Register Now
Lens

Apple will remove outdated games on its platform

Games are indeed consumables mate, since sequels are made and cost more. Video game companies know that, the more new editions comes out, it will drag attention of gamers, since most of us enjoys sequels than being stuck with old games.  That's the reason why video games have suddenly become consumables, no one cares about the old ones much, nor to preserve it for our children unborn to get the feelings of such type of games. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm not sure if the same thing is obtainable on android devices with Google Play Store. If it's not, they should look into copying Apple strategy on that because it's something that's very useful. 

If Google decides to remove outdated games, just one decision form the company will make this happen. I think the play store needs thorough cleaning.

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

If Google decides to remove outdated games, just one decision form the company will make this happen. I think the play store needs thorough cleaning.

Yes, that's something which wouldn't be any issue for them in doing when they reach that decision, although they usually have apps that breach or violate their policies removed. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, Heatman said:

Why they were all being kept on the platform when they are no being useful to their product users never made any sense to me. 

I think it's something they should have on their T&C with their clients on how long they would have their apps on the store without being updated and it's going to be removed. 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:11 AM, Heatman said:

I wouldn't worry too much about what goes on with Apple and their products till I start using it. Maybe from next year when they release another new iPhone. 

That's more like it for most people who are not using iPhone or any Apple products. It's only my girlfriend that makes use of iPhone 13. It's the only reason I'm interested in what they do. 

31 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

That's more like it for most people who are not using iPhone or any Apple products. It's only my girlfriend that makes use of iPhone 13. It's the only reason I'm interested in what they do. 

It's my plan on the product. When I eventually get to own it, that's when how their policies would affect my usage of the device. 

On 6/11/2022 at 2:33 PM, Heatman said:

Yes, that's something which wouldn't be any issue for them in doing when they reach that decision, although they usually have apps that breach or violate their policies removed. 

Do you know Apple removed Fortnite from App store because Fortnite violated Apple's policy?

57 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Do you know Apple removed Fortnite from App store because Fortnite violated Apple's policy?

I wasn't aware at all. I wouldn't have known anyways because I haven't been a user of any Apple products yet. 

I am not much of an apple person, but I believe apple is just trying to make their devices more sophisticated than ever by not allowing just any kind of app to be installed. Though it's a good thing, I still prefer my Samsung devices any day as it gives me the liberty to explore any app and have it installed on my phone hitch free.

3 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Fortnite bypassed Apple pay to collect money for in-game transactions, therefore, App store delisted Fortnite. By the way I am also not an Apple user.

Apple should have sued them for doing that I suppose? If they didn't, Epic Games got off an easy one. 

22 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Apple should have sued them for doing that I suppose? If they didn't, Epic Games got off an easy one. 

I don't know about suing but by removing the game from App store, Fortnite lost a lot of revenue, that's for sure.

51 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

I don't know about suing but by removing the game from App store, Fortnite lost a lot of revenue, that's for sure.

I have taken time to read up everything on the case between Epic Games vs Apple. It's all down to Epic Games not being in approval of Apple's and Google Play 30% charge on transaction for purchasing V-Bucks.

They had to roll an update that allowed gamers to pay to them directly which led Apple to delist Fortnite from Apple Store and Google from their Play store too.

Epic Games was actually the one that sued Apple for delisting Fortnite from Apple store but Apple eventually still won the case. 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

I have taken time to read up everything on the case between Epic Games vs Apple. It's all down to Epic Games not being in approval of Apple's and Google Play 30% charge on transaction for purchasing V-Bucks.

They had to roll an update that allowed gamers to pay to them directly which led Apple to delist Fortnite from Apple Store and Google from their Play store too.

Epic Games was actually the one that sued Apple for delisting Fortnite from Apple store but Apple eventually still won the case. 

Apple won that case but had to allow developers a way to add third party payment systems on their platform (if I remember correctly) as a condition so I wouldn't say it was a huge win for them.