Register Now
kingpotato

Things you hate about your favorite games

I always hated how in Skyrim dragon attacks on towns tend to happen at the worst possible time or even worse they end up killing an NPC that I liked. Skyrim is my favorite game of all time but I can go on and on all day about things that I hate about it.
What do you hate about your favorite videogame ?

Lol skyrim man i always hated how easy the dragons were to kill, on the default difficulty if you're leveled up a bit you can kill them in a couple of blows. Also when i think back of it, most missions were about clearing either a cave/castle/tomb and kill everithing inside it, rinse and repeat.

->Breath of the wild while a classic no doubt, breakable weapons and shields always annoyed the fuck out of me.

->Pokemon games i always found a little too easy, should have an option to make it more difficult

-> and on the contrary Dark souls games should have the option of a more easier mode for gamers who just want to experience the game and the world, without having to go trough endless frustration because you can't beat an area.

->in most open world game the car physics feel way too off, like why does the car behave like you're driving on ice.

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Lol skyrim man i always hated how easy the dragons were to kill, on the default difficulty if you're leveled up a bit you can kill them in a couple of blows. Also when i think back of it, most missions were about clearing either a cave/castle/tomb and kill everithing inside it, rinse and repeat.

->Breath of the wild while a classic no doubt, breakable weapons and shields always annoyed the fuck out of me.

->Pokemon games i always found a little too easy, should have an option to make it more difficult

-> and on the contrary Dark souls games should have the option of a more easier mode for gamers who just want to experience the game and the world, without having to go trough endless frustration because you can't beat an area.

->in most open world game the car physics feel way too off, like why does the car behave like you're driving on ice.

I know, I always try to play on expert or master xD

-I have the same complaint about BTOW, actually any game where weapons break I feel that its absurd
-All pokemon games have that problem unfortunately , the most recent ones are even worse, like todler level difficulty, I know its for kids but there is still a bunch of 20-30 year old us gamers that grew up with the franchise and we want a higher difficulty game, lately what I have been doing is playing hacked roms 
-I feel like I disagree on that I feel that difficulty is what makes any Souls world special, like the feel of dread or inminent dead is what makes up the athmosphere, but then again it will be cool if they at least had a pause option
-Yeah weird physics tend to happen on a lot of open world games with vehicle mechanics, gta games are good example of that

Edited by kingpotato

It's a minor complaint but the driving physics (is that the right term?) of Grand Theft Auto V always bugged me. I preferred the physics in Grand Theft Auto 4 because it was harder to master cars since they felt quite heavy and you had to be somewhat skilled to drive quickly.

20 hours ago, Darth said:

It's a minor complaint but the driving physics (is that the right term?) of Grand Theft Auto V always bugged me. I preferred the physics in Grand Theft Auto 4 because it was harder to master cars since they felt quite heavy and you had to be somewhat skilled to drive quickly.

I actually prefered the driving physics in GTAV rather that on GTA 4 I was always crashing through the windshields in GTA 4 but then again Im a very shitty driver xD. But you are right the driving physics in GTA 4 were much more realistic

Edited by kingpotato

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I actually prefered the driving physics in GTAV rather that on GTA 4 I was always crashing through the windshields in GTA 4 but then again Im a very shitty driver xD. But you are right the driving physics in GTA 4 were much more realistic

Yeah, it's just one of those things. You either get the people that prefer the GTA 4 or GTA 5 driving. I'm yet to come across someone that likes both lol. It would be awesome to get a sort of option in the settings to switch between the two but I guess that would involve a bit too much effort.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:52 PM, kingpotato said:

I know, I always try to play on expert or master xD

-I have the same complaint about BTOW, actually any game where weapons break I feel that its absurd
-All pokemon games have that problem unfortunately , the most recent ones are even worse, like todler level difficulty, I know its for kids but there is still a bunch of 20-30 year old us gamers that grew up with the franchise and we want a higher difficulty game, lately what I have been doing is playing hacked roms 
-I feel like I disagree on that I feel that difficulty is what makes any Souls world special, like the feel of dread or inminent dead is what makes up the athmosphere, but then again it will be cool if they at least had a pause option
-Yeah weird physics tend to happen on a lot of open world games with vehicle mechanics, gta games are good example of that

I'm running behind on pokemon games since i've yet to get pokemon legends and the one that was rereleased last year what was it diamond/pearl. Would you say it's as easy as let's go eevee/pikachu? Since That was the last pokemon game i played, i can see for an 8 year old that may be the best game ever made, but as a grown up i don't know man, i felt like an idiot with that pokeball in my hand.

Difficulty in games it's a subject for  debate or maybe another thread as whole, i personally play just on the default setting, if it's way too easy i may up it a bit but that happens rarely, i just want to have a good time and to be honest i get frustrated pretty easy if i can't get past something. Life is already stressfull enough 😉

Edited by Yaramaki

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The realism in the driving physics in GTA 4 is one of the things that set it apart from other GTA games for me. GTA 5 is awesome but GTA 4 was better in that aspect. 

22 hours ago, Darth said:

Yeah, it's just one of those things. You either get the people that prefer the GTA 4 or GTA 5 driving. I'm yet to come across someone that likes both lol. It would be awesome to get a sort of option in the settings to switch between the two but I guess that would involve a bit too much effort.

It's why Rockstar made that difference on the game in order to alter gamers choice on the game. If they should put that option to switch in between then, I think some who loves driving physics more would skip GTA 4. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:06 PM, Yaramaki said:

I'm running behind on pokemon games since i've yet to get pokemon legends and the one that was rereleased last year what was it diamond/pearl. Would you say it's as easy as let's go eevee/pikachu? Since That was the last pokemon game i played, i can see for an 8 year old that may be the best game ever made, but as a grown up i don't know man, i felt like an idiot with that pokeball in my hand.

Difficulty in games it's a subject for  debate or maybe another thread as whole, i personally play just on the default setting, if it's way too easy i may up it a bit but that happens rarely, i just want to have a good time and to be honest i get frustrated pretty easy if i can't get past something. Life is already stressfull enough 😉

My brother owns the pokeball and still makes use of the ball as a pressure pressing ball whenever he's stressed out. It looks funny in my eyes by the way. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, Heatman said:

The realism in the driving physics in GTA 4 is one of the things that set it apart from other GTA games for me. GTA 5 is awesome but GTA 4 was better in that aspect. 

GTA 5 will always be by best pick no matter how good GTA 4 played out in its driving mechanics and track design. 

25 minutes ago, Boblee said:

GTA 5 will always be by best pick no matter how good GTA 4 played out in its driving mechanics and track design. 

There is no comparison whatsoever between GTA 5 and other old releases. I can't wait to see how the 6th edition would stand up to GTA 5.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, kingpotato said:

I always hated how in Skyrim dragon attacks on towns tend to happen at the worst possible time or even worse they end up killing an NPC that I liked. Skyrim is my favorite game of all time but I can go on and on all day about things that I hate about it.
What do you hate about your favorite videogame ?

With rumors on how Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be, if they eventually remove the dragon fights, it solves this problem completely.