Register Now
kingpotato

Godzilla and King Kong arriving to COD Warzone and Vanguard

Looks like King and Godzilla are arriving to Call of Duty Warzone's map, and it looks like you will be able to interact with them as well. Im not much of a Warzone player but honestly this looks freaking awesome, the godzilla skins are okay I guess nothing too special but nonetheless I will definitely play the game again for this

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-warzone-mechagodzilla-bundle/

Wow. I had to search for this on Google again because it just seemed like such a weird partnership but I like it. I'm still slightly confused about how it works though. Is Godzilla and King Kong going to be in a specific mode or in all Warzone games?

54 minutes ago, Darth said:

Wow. I had to search for this on Google again because it just seemed like such a weird partnership but I like it. I'm still slightly confused about how it works though. Is Godzilla and King Kong going to be in a specific mode or in all Warzone games?

Im not sure, but as to what I understand king kong will be in the map itself attacking other players and godzilla will be attacking from a distance from outside the map

That's pretty cool then. I might have to download Warzone to check it out because I don't have access to Vanguard, only Cold War. It would be a pretty surreal experience to see a massive King Kong on the map attacking you especially if they've done a good job with the PS5 haptics.

31 minutes ago, Darth said:

That's pretty cool then. I might have to download Warzone to check it out because I don't have access to Vanguard, only Cold War. It would be a pretty surreal experience to see a massive King Kong on the map attacking you especially if they've done a good job with the PS5 haptics.

I believe they did something similar with  Godzilla in PUBG, were basically godzilla was just walking through map 

On 4/29/2022 at 5:04 PM, Darth said:

My sentiments exactly - I expect things like this from Fortnite. I'm not quite sure which mode it will be available in but we'll get more information soon.

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My sentiments exactly - I expect things like this from Fortnite. I'm not quite sure which mode it will be available in but we'll get more information soon.

I concur, though it's not far from what Call of Duty has already done in terms of collaborations like Attack on Titan and Judge Dredd (I'm sure there have been others). They even had Sarah Michelle Gellar play herself (styled after her most iconic role, Buffy) in one of the Black Ops Zombies modes, among other celebrities.

It doesn't surprise me so much any more that this amount of advertisement is the way major gaming companies are going, and I'm sure it will continue to spread beyond Activision and Epic.

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I concur, though it's not far from what Call of Duty has already done in terms of collaborations like Attack on Titan and Judge Dredd (I'm sure there have been others). They even had Sarah Michelle Gellar play herself (styled after her most iconic role, Buffy) in one of the Black Ops Zombies modes, among other celebrities.

It doesn't surprise me so much any more that this amount of advertisement is the way major gaming companies are going, and I'm sure it will continue to spread beyond Activision and Epic.

You're right - I kinda forgot about the whole Attack On Titan event (the armor was hideous though unlike these). On another note, I do think more and more companies will try the whole collab thing because of how successful it is for Fortnite.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that's going to be an interesting mix up in the game. I can't wait to see how they get it all worked out. 

Indeed. I don't really mind these collaborations as long as what they produce is good. I think the time for me to get worked up about crossovers is long gone; Call of Duty hasn't had artistic integrity for God only knows how many years now so there's no sense me arguing about it from that point of view. ^^

23 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Indeed. I don't really mind these collaborations as long as what they produce is good. I think the time for me to get worked up about crossovers is long gone; Call of Duty hasn't had artistic integrity for God only knows how many years now so there's no sense me arguing about it from that point of view. ^^

It's been a while since we have seen such collaborations, they better get it right just like you said because it's the only thing that's going to make it matter to gamers in the future. 

Only thing I worry about is that it's only going to be for warzone and the only vangaurd content will be the bundles. Which I have a very special distain for warzone and playing it just to see godzilla is gonna be something. New cinematic where Butcher is explaining the founding of Vanguard to the Cold War operators and then talking about Godzilla.

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Only thing I worry about is that it's only going to be for warzone and the only vangaurd content will be the bundles. Which I have a very special distain for warzone and playing it just to see godzilla is gonna be something. New cinematic where Butcher is explaining the founding of Vanguard to the Cold War operators and then talking about Godzilla.

Why don't you fancy COD Warzone content? 

On 5/3/2022 at 4:13 AM, Withywarlock said:

You do have a valid point there - COD has been very stale and unoriginal for closer to a decade. Hell, I've stopped complaining about collabs period because those complaints won't stop them from happening and some of them are very good.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You do have a valid point there - COD has been very stale and unoriginal for closer to a decade. Hell, I've stopped complaining about collabs period because those complaints won't stop them from happening and some of them are very good.

I had to accept the reason why my friend's keeps criticizing the last COD Vanguard with the opinions that it's no longer what the game used to be.