Register Now
Yaramaki

Road 96

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The trailer you shared in the beginning of the thread have given me Insight alread about the 'road 96. You know, I love racing game, I don't know if the game was created within the racing activities that took part in 1996, or it is just a common name to the game. 

I don't think it can be categorized as a racing game. It's more of an adventure game than a racing one even though you get to drive around in the game. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I don't think it can be categorized as a racing game. It's more of an adventure game than a racing one even though you get to drive around in the game. 

Road 96 is definitely not a racing game. There's nothing to think about it because even in the gameplay, you're going to know straight up that it's not a racing game. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The trailer you shared in the beginning of the thread have given me Insight alread about the 'road 96. You know, I love racing game, I don't know if the game was created within the racing activities that took part in 1996, or it is just a common name to the game. 

Seriously, did you even watch the trailer? Or even read @Yaramaki's opening posts? Or read anything at all in the thread? This is ridiculous, mate.

Edited by Shagger

The trailer looks like something from an amazing vacation to a nice location. I certainly like the graphics it's so clear and realistic. This has peaked my interest too and I would certainly check it out, hope it's Available on PS4 console.

Since i created the thread may aswell give my oppinion :

Road 96 is a walking simulator comparable to vanishing of ethan carter and firewatch (without the exellent dialogue)! You play as a teen who's objective is to flee petria, on your journey you come across various characters in different situations they all come back one way or the other when you start with a new teen, once you reach your goal or fuck up because you're bound to fuck up atleast a couple of times you can start as another teen, i played with 8 different teens until election day. Which during your playtrough you can influence the people around you for who to vote or you can stay out of it won't say more then that because spoilers.

Since this is a walking simulator it's hard to say there is a lot gameplay, doesen't need to imo as it has an exellent story and likeable characters that you get to know better the further you progress.

This is an exellent game to play in between big games jus to take your mind off and have a relaxing experience, a playtrough will take you about 8-10 hours depending how much you explore! I got all the achievements in that time, on playstation the game has only gold trophies and a platinum so if you want to boost your collection this is an exellent game to do so. You'll probably need to play trough it twice to see every scenario with the various characters.

So is it a good game, well game is far fetched i'd  rather call them more experiences. If you dig games like firewatch, vanishing of ethan carter, everybody's gone to the rapture, you'll definatly dig this one.

To me this is a solid 8/10 game

Edited by Yaramaki

On 4/26/2022 at 6:00 PM, Yaramaki said:

I've been waiting for this game to come out physically which happened 2 weeks ao, when i saw the trailer it immidiatly peaked my curiousity. Seems like a game that deserves more attention so i'll do my part. I've yet to play it so can't really comment on it.

I'll just quote the game discription

Summer 1996, Today is the day!

You hit the road. Adventure. Freedom. Escape. Run. Flee the Regime. Try to survive.

On this risky road trip to the border, you’ll meet incredible characters, and discover their intertwined stories and secrets in an ever-evolving adventure.
But every mile opens up a choice to make. Your decisions will change your adventure, change the people you meet, maybe even change the world.

There are thousands of roads across the authoritarian nation of Petria.
Which one will you take?

FEATURES

Road 96 is a crazy, beautiful road-trip. The discovery of exciting places, and unusual people on your own personal journey to freedom.

An ever-evolving story-driven adventure inspired by Tarantino, The Coen Brothers, and Bong Joon-ho. Made by the award-winning creators of Valiant Hearts and Memories Retold. Announced as part of the OMEN Presents initiative from HP Inc.

Moments of action, exploration, contemplative melancholy, human encounters and wacky situations. Set against a backdrop of authoritarian rule and oppression.

A stunning visual style, a soundtrack filled with 90s hits, and a thousand routes through the game combine so each player can create their own unique stories on Road 96.

Check out the trailer below :

The trailer looks awesome. It got intense when they they started shooting and that the part I love most in the trailer. I might get the game. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

The trailer looks awesome. It got intense when they they started shooting and that the part I love most in the trailer. I might get the game. 

Yeah, at a point in the trailers and all the shooting, I felt like it was no longer just a traveling adventure game. It seems like there's even a gang related plot in it. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:58 AM, Aniekwe said:

Yeah, at a point in the trailers and all the shooting, I felt like it was no longer just a traveling adventure game. It seems like there's even a gang related plot in it. 

It's all part of the adventure in the game. It's more like being a road trip and stumble onto a stashed cash that's probably a drug money. The rest that follows it up sums up the shooting etc. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:58 AM, Aniekwe said:

Exactly, I felt the same way too. It was kind of thrilling for me watching that part too. I love gang related plot in games just like in GTA. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, I felt the same way too. It was kind of thrilling for me watching that part too. I love gang related plot in games just like in GTA. 

I might be getting the game sooner than I thought. I'm looking for something different to play in a while and the game checks that out. 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, Dannyjax said:

If it's about the trailer getting you convinced on the game, they did a very good job on it. It's one of video game's trailers that's devoloped well. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

If it's about the trailer getting you convinced on the game, they did a very good job on it. It's one of video game's trailers that's devoloped well. 

You're absolutely right about that having me convinced on the game. I know it doesn't show me everything about the game but with that little opening on what to get in the game, I'm totally convinced. 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:37 PM, Boblee said:

I have already started making plans on how and when to get the game. Once I have that sorted out, I'm playing it as soon as I can. 

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You're absolutely right about that having me convinced on the game. I know it doesn't show me everything about the game but with that little opening on what to get in the game, I'm totally convinced. 

One other thing which I'm going to add on it would be to look for reviews as well on it before you make that step. I don't miss that out.