Register Now
kingpotato

To Catch A Predator tv show

This was one creepy yet interesting show, for those who dont know much about it basically back in the day of early internet access there was only chat rooms, no facebook, no twitter or anything like that, just old fashion chat rooms and people used them a lot (God I feel old just remembering that xD) Anyway very primmitive stuff compared to the info that we have now, but it was also a "dangerous" place since a lot of this chat rooms were used by child predators, who lured teens on chat rooms.

This show was basically about tv reporters luring these alleged predators to a location, interview them and then once they get out of the house they get arrested by the local police. There was a lot of really funny moments since most of the predators that showed up were a bunch of idiots, but other times some really scary dangerous people showed up.

I feel that this show was like a once in a life moment since it came out during a time when nobody really knew how the internet work or basically there was not much personal information out there yet. Not that Im saying that this doesnt happen anymore, there are still predators out there but it looks like is not as easy to catch them as it was back then. Thank god many of these guys here got convicted or at least they got a record on them. Anyway here is some clips from the show.

24 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I used to watch this as a kid with Chris Hansen - some of them were downright ridiculous.

Bunch of them are just plain stupid, even retartded, like the one guy who said his mom was going to take away his computer, I think already died because of diabetes or something. Im checking out other youtube channels dedicated to find out what happened to these guys after the show, most of them did time in jail, some of them died, some reoffended and only a few actually got their shit toguether (the very young ones actually)

On 6/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, kingpotato said:

Bunch of them are just plain stupid, even retartded, like the one guy who said his mom was going to take away his computer, I think already died because of diabetes or something. Im checking out other youtube channels dedicated to find out what happened to these guys after the show, most of them did time in jail, some of them died, some reoffended and only a few actually got their shit toguether (the very young ones actually)

I'm not going to lie, a lot of those guys absolutely made me cringe. Just hearing what they said and how they acted totally disgusted me.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:33 PM, kingpotato said:

Florida had the craziest arrests

Watching this shows me how dangerous the internet could be to kids, it's funny to watch and see the reactions on their faces but what if those girls weren't a decoy they would have become just another victim.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:05 AM, Clasher said:

Watching this shows me how dangerous the internet could be to kids, it's funny to watch and see the reactions on their faces but what if those girls weren't a decoy they would have become just another victim.

Well, whether we like it or not, these things are happening every day. As long as you have your Jeffery Epsteins, Jared Fogles, R. Kellys and EDP445s out here, these things will continue to happen despite the amount of technology. Parents need to pay far more attention to who their kids are hanging around - some parents should have no business raising kids.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Parents need to pay far more attention to who their kids are hanging around - some parents should have no business raising kids.

And that's exactly what needs to be done, trying as much as possible to control the kind of contents your kids have access to online and the kind of sites they are visiting would help to some extent.

The schools as well need to put in more effort to sensitive this kids not just on maths and physics problems but also on matters regarding health and social well being.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, Clasher said:

And that's exactly what needs to be done, trying as much as possible to control the kind of contents your kids have access to online and the kind of sites they are visiting would help to some extent.

The schools as well need to put in more effort to sensitive this kids not just on maths and physics problems but also on matters regarding health and social well being.

Schools are too busy turning kids into slaves to be genuinely concerned about their well-being.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Schools are too busy turning kids into slaves to be genuinely concerned about their well-being.

And that's a big issue, if the so called educational system can't help to enlighten our kids , parents are so busy chasing money and paying bills to even be concerned about the kind of information their kids are consuming, then what's the hope of the future generations ?

Something needs to be done and it needs to be done really fast.

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

And that's a big issue, if the so called educational system can't help to enlighten our kids , parents are so busy chasing money and paying bills to even be concerned about the kind of information their kids are consuming, then what's the hope of the future generations ?

Something needs to be done and it needs to be done really fast.

I agree but on a related note - when they parodied Chris Hansen in Boondocks was one of the most hilarious scenes I can remember from it

I remember how a lot of the people who got busted on the show used the excuse:

”I came here to tell the 12 year old girl that she shouldn’t do this”

”Well we have your chat logs, that’s definitely not what it sounds like”

”No, you’re misunderstanding, I was trying to scare her”

”So why are you carrying a box of condoms?”

”cough cough, I’m leaving”

On 7/29/2022 at 9:40 PM, Grungie said:

I remember how a lot of the people who got busted on the show used the excuse:

”I came here to tell the 12 year old girl that she shouldn’t do this”

”Well we have your chat logs, that’s definitely not what it sounds like”

”No, you’re misunderstanding, I was trying to scare her”

”So why are you carrying a box of condoms?”

”cough cough, I’m leaving”

Haha yeah they all had the same excuse, like some of them drove 2-4 hours in the middle of the night and they came up with the dumbest excuse, "I came here to talk" , "she asked me to come over" , " I wasnt going to do anything" but then their cars are ready with condoms, lub and a pack of beer of Mike's hard lemonade xD I remember for a while that brand was known as the phedo beer.

Edited by kingpotato

On 7/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, killamch89 said:

I agree but on a related note - when they parodied Chris Hansen in Boondocks was one of the most hilarious scenes I can remember from it

This is hilarious , like the dude came prepared knowing he was Walking into a trap and decided to play along just to do that to the interviewer.