Register Now
The Blackangel

What if Red Dead Redemption 3 Happened?

The thing is where does the story pick up after John Marston and Arthur were both killed previous - who'd be the new MC? Well there is John's son - Jack. Now that I think about, the story would revolve around getting revenge by hunting the government officials that betrayed his father.

I would prefer if they went down a different route and just came up with some new characters and a completely unique story, to be honest. I still haven't played the first RDR so my only experience is with Red Dead Redemption 2 but it would be nice to move away from John, Jack, and the Van der Linde gang.

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I would like to see that happen but I'm very sure that it's not going to be anytime soon or at least not until after the release of GTA 6. 

Rockstar's entire focus right now is most definitely on GTA6. They do have different departments, some of which may be tossing around the idea of an RDR3 game. But they're still concentrating on GTA6. GTAV was released on September 17, 2013. That's just shy of 9 years ago. RDR was released on May 18, 2010 which was 12 years ago. RDR2 was released on October 26, 2018 which is just shy of 4 years ago. So they put a lot of time between releases in a series, which gives them time to weed out as many bugs and glitches as they can. Also they tend to not give any release dates until they're 98%-99% finished with the game, and all that's left is the polish. So since GTA was 9 years ago, and RDR was 4 years ago, their focus will be GTA6 for the foreseeable future. After that's released they may move to another RDR game. But until they make any kind of announcement, this is all purely speculation on our part.

We may see a remake/remaster of red dead redemption in the maintime while we are waiting for rdr 3 but if i had to choose i'd much rather see them remaking Red Dead Revolver (the first game in the series) with updated controls as it's often overlooked guessing not too many even played that one and Since rockstar started getting on the remaster bandwagon it's not an entirley far fetched idea.

I don't know about you guys but i'd rather have Rockstar reviving the La noire ip above anything else.

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Rockstar's entire focus right now is most definitely on GTA6. They do have different departments, some of which may be tossing around the idea of an RDR3 game. But they're still concentrating on GTA6. GTAV was released on September 17, 2013. That's just shy of 9 years ago. RDR was released on May 18, 2010 which was 12 years ago. RDR2 was released on October 26, 2018 which is just shy of 4 years ago. So they put a lot of time between releases in a series, which gives them time to weed out as many bugs and glitches as they can. Also they tend to not give any release dates until they're 98%-99% finished with the game, and all that's left is the polish. So since GTA was 9 years ago, and RDR was 4 years ago, their focus will be GTA6 for the foreseeable future. After that's released they may move to another RDR game. But until they make any kind of announcement, this is all purely speculation on our part.

Definitely, all we have power over speculation and anticipation of what they are likely to do with the game's. I do get reason why they are not always in the habit of giving any specific release date till they are almost 100% sure on the game's completion would be not to repeat what happened with Cyberpunk 2077. 

23 minutes ago, Maxi said:

It's not going to happen now no matter how much some of us wished it to. It's why I don't worry too much about it and there is even a possibility they might end the game at the 2nd release.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that. There is a high probability that they will end things with RDR2. The only direction they could possibly go is a prequel to RDR2 showing how the gang formed. Or try to go on with Jack. But considering that he would have been a wild west outlaw in the 1910's to 1920's, that just couldn't work. But if they go the route with a prequel, the series would end with it. They kinda shot themselves in the foot with the series. There's virtually nowhere to go with it except a prequel t the prequel. And after that, there's nowhere at all to go, unless it's a spin off focusing on one specific character. Maybe focus on Tilly and her life. Or possibly Reverend Swanson. But I don't think spinoffs like that would sell.

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that. There is a high probability that they will end things with RDR2. The only direction they could possibly go is a prequel to RDR2 showing how the gang formed. Or try to go on with Jack. But considering that he would have been a wild west outlaw in the 1910's to 1920's, that just couldn't work. But if they go the route with a prequel, the series would end with it. They kinda shot themselves in the foot with the series. There's virtually nowhere to go with it except a prequel t the prequel. And after that, there's nowhere at all to go, unless it's a spin off focusing on one specific character. Maybe focus on Tilly and her life. Or possibly Reverend Swanson. But I don't think spinoffs like that would sell.

The option of going with a prequel and spin off would be nice but it's not going to sell enough just like you have had an insight to what it would be like which would just be a complete waste of resources on making the game.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:13 PM, killamch89 said:

The thing is where does the story pick up after John Marston and Arthur were both killed previous - who'd be the new MC? Well there is John's son - Jack. Now that I think about, the story would revolve around getting revenge by hunting the government officials that betrayed his father.

If there is going to be a Red Dead Redemption 3 then it would need to involve a good plot twist. The previous game Red Dead Redemption 2 ended as though there  isn't going to be a next game coming from the Franchise with the death of John Marson and Arthur. If Jack takes over as the next MC we would love to see the rise of some new character that would spice the game up.

Only time will tell what rockstar games will be developing next, if it's RDR-3 then it will be pleasing to those in-love with the franchise game, only two editions have been released so far in the game, if their is another, then we'll consider it being series.