Register Now
The Blackangel

What if Red Dead Redemption 3 Happened?

Problem is that a lot of this story comes from paying attention to the detail of RDR2. I think a prequel is the right idea but playing as 3 characters wouldn’t suit the storytelling IMO. Rather, I think it would be good to play as Mac Callender to flesh out his relationship with his brother, them joining the gang and him ultimately being killed by Milton - tragic ending to suit the other games.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:09 PM, kingpotato said:

It may be a while before we see a third installment in the series but I hope we get something different, like not an open world game, maybe a shorter game or more linear.

If the Red Dead Redemption 3 isn't going to be an open world game, I'm sure if it's something that would interest me to play. 

I think a full story of the beginning of the Van der Linde gang, from the time Dutch and Hosea met, up to the Blackwater mess would be great. Like how did Mary-Beth end up in the gang? How did they cross paths with Bill? Whose bright idea was it to not kill Micah on sight? These are things I want to flesh out more than they already are.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:57 PM, The Blackangel said:

A remastered RDR1 would be great. If it could have graphics equal to, or superior to RDR2, I would love to get to playing it again.

I wouldn't mind that either as it was a great game - I'm not sure Rockstar will put that kind of time and effort into it though....

On 5/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, The Blackangel said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that. There is a high probability that they will end things with RDR2. The only direction they could possibly go is a prequel to RDR2 showing how the gang formed. Or try to go on with Jack. But considering that he would have been a wild west outlaw in the 1910's to 1920's, that just couldn't work. But if they go the route with a prequel, the series would end with it. They kinda shot themselves in the foot with the series. There's virtually nowhere to go with it except a prequel t the prequel. And after that, there's nowhere at all to go, unless it's a spin off focusing on one specific character. Maybe focus on Tilly and her life. Or possibly Reverend Swanson. But I don't think spinoffs like that would sell.

Although it would have been so relieving to see and play RDR3.  RDR2 Was a huge success  and I still play it though I have completed the story. I still hope Rockstar studios develops RDR3.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Although it would have been so relieving to see and play RDR3.  RDR2 Was a huge success  and I still play it though I have completed the story. I still hope Rockstar studios develops RDR3.

I've completed the story as well. My issue is that I don't like going past Guarma as it's just too emotional for me. So after we find our way back from the island, I pretty much never see camp again. Not that I have a problem with that, but it's just not the same game after that. Everything's falling apart, almost no one can be trusted. It's just not the gang is was in the beginning. So I tend to play it through those areas instead of completing it. I have one file right now that is in the epilogue, and with the exception of doing it one more time for our gaming channel, I don't plan on going into the epilogue ever again. I just can't take Arthur's death. I didn't cry when my grandmother died, but I break down when he dies.

8 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I've completed the story as well. My issue is that I don't like going past Guarma as it's just too emotional for me. So after we find our way back from the island, I pretty much never see camp again. Not that I have a problem with that, but it's just not the same game after that. Everything's falling apart, almost no one can be trusted. It's just not the gang is was in the beginning. So I tend to play it through those areas instead of completing it. I have one file right now that is in the epilogue, and with the exception of doing it one more time for our gaming channel, I don't plan on going into the epilogue ever again. I just can't take Arthur's death. I didn't cry when my grandmother died, but I break down when he dies.

I don't like to sound like I don't get emotional as well when my favourite character from a game or movie I love dies but not to the point of crying.  I don't play it all over again I just go to the areas on the map l like the most Van Horn, Valentine and Grizzlies West still gives me the chill I got the first time I experienced those areas on the map. 

58 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I don't like to sound like I don't get emotional as well when my favourite character from a game or movie I love dies but not to the point of crying.  I don't play it all over again I just go to the areas on the map l like the most Van Horn, Valentine and Grizzlies West still gives me the chill I got the first time I experienced those areas on the map.

That's fine. Everyone reacts to things differently. But Arthur is the only real family or friend that some of us have ever had. So it takes its toll.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That's fine. Everyone reacts to things differently. But Arthur is the only real family or friend that some of us have ever had. So it takes its toll.

Yeah, I have actually bonded really well with an on screen character in the past like Akeshi from persona 5 royale and Jack buer from the movie 24.  I got really emotional when Akeshi died too.

Cutscenes are there to make us feel emotional over a particular action around a particular video game. I wouldn't let such to derail over ride over my mind, I know how emotional it can be when someone you never wished to die, die in a mysterious way in-game. But remember, those scenes makes the game mire entertaining and real. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:57 PM, Justin11 said:

Cutscenes are there to make us feel emotional over a particular action around a particular video game. I wouldn't let such to derail over ride over my mind, I know how emotional it can be when someone you never wished to die, die in a mysterious way in-game. But remember, those scenes makes the game mire entertaining and real. 

Yeah mate. Games are virtual reality and it is made to give players the impression of reality and make them feel like they are part and parcel of the game. I always love a good plot twist in a game or movie it helps to keep the fun Alive.

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Edition II of RDR is still super cool. Do we need RDR-3? We still need it only if it comes with clear cut improvement and not something repetitive from the last edition. 

I think that RDR3 would be a success if it eventually comes out, but if there are still various added contents or features to make it distinctive and quite peculiar from the previous RDR2 then that would be even better for gamers.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think that RDR3 would be a success if it eventually comes out, but if there are still various added contents or features to make it distinctive and quite peculiar from the previous RDR2 then that would be even better for gamers.

I know before the developers/publishers of the game being 'Rockstar' will think about it's sequel, then they have something distinctive, attractive to bring to the series. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I know before the developers/publishers of the game being 'Rockstar' will think about it's sequel, then they have something distinctive, attractive to bring to the series. 

What's your point exactly, are you of the opinion that developing and publishing RDR3 would be a bad idea for Rockstar studios?

If you feel that way I believe you have your reasons but I still see a good outcome if RDR3 is released but it shouldn't be done if it doesn't come with  it's own distinctive features that makes it different from what is already existing.