Register Now
NightmareFarm

noob trait #101

constantly expecting tough boss fights to be ones where you're supposed to lose(like sora vs leon for example) but it turns out that they're just normal boss fights and i just suck at the game

Edited by NightmareFarm

9 minutes ago, Shagger said:

OK... so... where do we go from here? What eastly is the topic?

I think it's a forum game kinda thing.  We post examples of things gamers do as a "noob".

Picking up everything in an RPG because you don't know what's useful.

20 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I think it's a forum game kinda thing.  We post examples of things gamers do as a "noob".

Picking up everything in an RPG because you don't know what's useful.

Fair enough. It just wasn't made very clear. Anyway...

If I can be game specific, using a potion (or potions) in the fight against Sinspawn Ammes in FFX (the tentacle that only casts ""Demi" throughout the fight) even though it actually can't kill you.

FFX_Sinspawn_Ammes.thumb.jpg.c7f3ac02893153e1675433b29b3cdf77.jpg

It's the very first boss of the game during the "tutorial" part. Demi reduces the party's current health, not maximum health by 1/4 each time, so each hit with it does less and less damage. Even if your HP is a 4, it'll just bring it down to 3. I'm sure the first time I played this game I panicked when my health was down below half after like 3 hits and healed myself, and of course that only makes Demi do more damage.

Edited by Shagger

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

Fair enough. It just wasn't made very clear. Anyway...

If I can be game specific, using a potion (or potions) in the fight against Sinspawn Ammes in FFX (the tentacle that only casts ""Demi" throughout the fight) even though it actually can't kill you.

FFX_Sinspawn_Ammes.thumb.jpg.c7f3ac02893153e1675433b29b3cdf77.jpg

It's the very first boss of the game during the "tutorial" part. Demi reduces the party's current health, not maximum health by 1/4 each time, so each hit with it does less and less damage. Even if your HP is a 4, it'll just bring it down to 3. I'm sure the first time I played this game I panicked when my health was down below half after like 3 hits and held myself, and of course that only makes Demi do more damage.

If you think that's bad I remember dying multiple times against kimahri when i was a kid lol

3 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

If you think that's bad I remember dying multiple times against kimahri when i was a kid lol

I feel like that one can catch people out. You're going up against something that can clearly dish out more damage that you can out, so I totally get how smarter player might get tricked into making that battle longer than it has to by attempting a strategy of some sort and getting killed because it.

Playing harder, instead of playing smarter. Like in some games using a weapon that's immensely overpowered for the task. Say you're hunting. Instead of using a 30-06, you use a fucking cannon. Sure that will kill the animal. But you didn't need the damn thing.

And vice versa.

Again you should use a 30-06, but instead you figure that your .45 side arm is enough power and that if you ride up close enough it will do the trick. It can if you're lucky as hell, but most likely all you will do is wound the animal and lose track of it as it runs off.

That is something I see commonly among n00bs.

Like using a gun when you are supposed to go in stealth mode to take out an enemy without alerting others but as a newbie, you went in gun blazing and they over power you and have you killed. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Like using a gun when you are supposed to go in stealth mode to take out an enemy without alerting others but as a newbie, you went in gun blazing and they over power you and have you killed. 

Noob - Go in gun blazing, get killed.

Normie - Go in stealthily to pass to the other room/next level

Chad - Go in guns blazing and kill all the enemies without losing much health then pass to the next room or whatever.

Edited by NightmareFarm

4 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Noob - Go in gun blazing, get killed.

Normie - Go in stealthily to pass to the other room/next level

Chad - Go in guns blazing and kill all the enemies without losing much health then pass to the next room or whatever.

I believe that the Normie was the one with a perfect game plan strategy. 

8 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

True but the chad doesn't need it since he is skilled enough to just kill everyone with ease.

But still sustain some damages in the process.. I'd pass on getting damages please 😂

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Button smashing...learning to play the game will make it easier rather than just randomly pressing every button hoping you wil win

My first experience with playing Mortal Kombat. I had my pad controller damaged in one week.