Register Now
egghead

Your best movie from Black and White era?

I have watched a lot of black and white movies, some of my favorite black and white movies are

400 Blows

Hiroshima Mon Amore

8 1/2 (Eight and half)

Have you watched these movies? What is the best black and white movie you have watched?

I admit I haven't seen that many black and white films.

I would say The Haunting (original) but that was shot in black and white by the director's choice so I'm not sure it really counts as a "black and white era" film as such.

I remember watching a couple of the older "Carry on" films like Carry on Teacher that were black and white.  Good times!

I recall seeing one or two of the many post WW2 films that were made in the decade or so after the end of the war but I can't name a specific one.

Too many of them I've watched, both foreign and local movie types. I'll mention few that really cut my attention when I watched them first time. 

- My Love (2000)

- Ijele (2000)

- Dangerous game 

- Arusi (1998 movie). 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Too many of them I've watched, both foreign and local movie types. I'll mention few that really cut my attention when I watched them first time. 

Do you have anything to say about them that is relevant to the discussion at hand?  I'll spare everyone else the trouble of looking them up and say no.

- My Love (2000)

There's a Chinese movie from 2021 by this title, but nothing from that year.  Seeking clicks from outside of China, maybe?

- Ijele (2000)

Also doesn't exist.  There is an African movie from 1999 but I'm pretty sure that it not what Justin is referring to.  Party because it's not black and white but mostly for reasons I'll get to in a bit.

- Dangerous game 

A couple of movies under this title do at least exist (you didn't give a year), but of none are black and white as far as I can tell.

- Arusi (1998 movie). 

There is a reference to "Arusi-Iyi" on IMDB from 1998.   It very obscure and only listed a "Video".  Ironically to the only technical aspect listed that it's in colour.

None of them are in black and white and I'm fairly sure most of them aren't even references to specific movies.  You've said literally fuck all about them and you know what, I know exactly what you're doing.

I looked them up and posted the results so others don't have to because it's obvious all your trying to do is draw traffic to whatever bullshit cryto-currently you want to add value to.  Your not fooling me and you as far as I'm concerned you can go screw yourself and take you cyrto-pyramid scams someplace else.

If I'm wrong I'll happily put my hands up and apologize but you need to prove that these are legitimate references to actual black and white movies first.  Your move @Justin11.

Edited by Crazycrab

@Crazycrab the movies I mentioned aren't in any way related to crypto currency, you should ask before concluding man. The movies I mentioned are old native movies not foreign movies either, it is an African based movie. They are made in black and white pictures, but with time the producers of the movie, revamped it and improved it's virtualization, which made the image to look as if it's in coloured, but the original of the movies are put in black and white mode.

My dad bought the movies when I was completely a child and we had black and white television back then, that's how I was able to note the movies as black and white type. We have Google,bing, they can help you get every information you need about this aforementioned Nigerian based movies okay. 

11 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

@Crazycrab the movies I mentioned aren't in any way related to crypto currency, you should ask before concluding man. The movies I mentioned are old native movies not foreign movies either, it is an African based movie. They are made in black and white pictures, but with time the producers of the movie, revamped it and improved it's virtualization, which made the image to look as if it's in coloured, but the original of the movies are put in black and white mode.

My dad bought the movies when I was completely a child and we had black and white television back then, that's how I was able to note the movies as black and white type. We have Google,bing, they can help you get every information you need about this aforementioned Nigerian based movies okay. 

Can you provide specific links?  I did do due diligence and looked them up but I didn't find anything in black and white or even earlier than the nineties which is several decades past the "Black and White" era.  If I am wrong I apologize but what you posted seemed to be so far off topic that I had call it out as suspicious.

If these are all very obscure movies from the African continent that came after the western world had moved onto colour then please accept my apologies, but I need to see something.

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Don't worry, I'll get their YouTube link to you if truly they're saved on YouTube, I know 'My love, Arusi is saved on YouTube, let me get them for you to watch. 

I'll appreciate that.

This is the YouTube link to 'Ijele Nigerian Nollywood movie, that was made around 2000 in black and white TV.

'Ijele 1

My love movie; 

I only got this two, maybe you search for arusi iyi on your own, read about it's history, I believe it is made in black and white as well. 

Edited by Justin11

I have several, the first two are on the same subject manner. First is Nosferatu. It's a silent movie, and an amazing one. The most famous scene is also one of the best. The vampire is feeding and looks up in horror as the sun rises. An all around amazing movie.

The next is one that can't be ignored, mainly for the actor. Bella Lugosi's portrayal of Dracula is mesmerizing. He had the look, the elegance, and he portrayed the evil perfectly. There have been many vampires since, and a few Dracula's, but none could ever compare to Lugosi. He was in several of the classics like many Frankenstein movies and the Wolf Man. But my favorite thing is that he did several adaptations of Poe's works. The Black Cat, Murders In The Rue Morgue, The Raven.

I know that was more about Lugosi than the movie, but I couldn't help it. Nosferatu and Dracula are two of the best from the black and white era.

The House On Haunted Hill is another great one. An eccentric millionaire offers people to his supposedly haunted house, offering them $10,000 if they can make it through the night. Doors locked, windows barred, no phone or radios. A perfect example of classic horror.