Register Now
Shagger

Name Your Weapons and Armour...

This is a bit random, but I'm curious, and also seeking to find out if I'm a little bit mad. When a video game offers you the chance to name specific armour, weapons or equipment (like in The Elder Scrolls, for example), do you have a pattern?

I always like to name my equipment after artists, song or albums I like. For example, I'll name a bow "Primo Victoria" named for the Sabaton song/album of the same name. It's Latin for "First Victory", so for me it fits. For the same reason I also like to call armoured footwear "Sabaton" because that's what a "Sabaton" is. I've also named a sword "Lovebites" for the Japanese all-female power metal band, a bow "Unleash The Archers" again for the band of the same name and a mace "Archangel" in tribute to the Amaranthe song bearing the name.

What influence do to you draw from for inspiration?

My most consistent naming conventions began in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with the spell creation. Like famous wizards in the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse, I'd prefixed my character's surname to spells such as "Napier's Lifeslaker" or "Napier's Hallowed Halt." Napier being a name borrowed from the historical 'warlock' John Napier, of whom I share a first name.

If I name a weapon it's usually a '<noun><verb>' sort of deal that fits the weapon, like 'Thingslayer' or 'Putrid Gouger' or 'Baleful Gaze'. It's a fun thought exercise sitting coming up with the name; I dare say it's more fun than coming up with what it does when forging it!

Edited by Withywarlock
PS: Love the Sabaton reference!

On 5/2/2022 at 3:57 PM, Heatman said:

I have a thing for Greek old gods and it's where I pick up the names I give to my weapons based on how powerful the weapon is in comparison with the old god's capability. 

Do you know much about the Gods, or just the basics? Aside from also being Satanic, I'm also Hellenistic. I can help you out if you want.

Also when talking about Them the G in "Gods" is capitalized.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Do you know much about the Gods, or just the basics? Aside from also being Satanic, I'm also Hellenistic. I can help you out if you want.

It's just the basics that I'm more familiar with. I'd be open to any assistance you can provide for me in this... 😊

On 5/4/2022 at 12:00 PM, The Blackangel said:

That would be a good topic because I'm also interested in learning about Greek Gods. 

I am more of a racing game addict, their is no weapon out there with the game. I can't call the motorcycle racer a weapon,unless when I want to upgrade. In Mortar Kombat, I renamed some weapons to my favourite footballers, like, *Axe to Leo Messi bomber, and the *Dragon Sword* to C.Ronaldo armor. Those two weapons are so powerful in the game. 

On 5/4/2022 at 11:59 PM, Heatman said:

It's just the basics that I'm more familiar with. I'd be open to any assistance you can provide for me in this... 😊

On 5/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, The Blackangel said:

@The BlackangelI'm still waiting for you on this whenever you get the chance to school me on the subject 😊

xD, how can you be satanic and Hellenistic at same time lol..I can't consider myself being satanic even if I'm not righteous. 

Master sword is one hell of weapon I love when it comes to adventure games especially around F.F series. 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:05 AM, Justin11 said:

xD, how can you be satanic and Hellenistic at same time lol..I can't consider myself being satanic even if I'm not righteous. 

Master sword is one hell of weapon I love when it comes to adventure games especially around F.F series. 

Better thread carefully with words right there my friend because you wouldn't find what's going to happen next. 

On 5/9/2022 at 10:40 PM, Heatman said:

Better thread carefully with words right there my friend because you wouldn't find what's going to happen next. 

Lol, let me stay my lane bro. 

Edited by Justin11

I usually base the name off the legendary effect and item type. I have a Combat Shotgun that sets targets on fire, so I named it Dragon's Breath. I also have a Radium Rifle that does double damage on target with full health, so I named it Chernobyl's Pripyat.

Heavy Sniper MKII 'Explosive Rounds', is one hell of a gun I love using while playing GTA 5. When I first played the game in 2014 via PS3, it was just so cool using the powerful gun, it helps me down the oppositions one time.